Glory Is The New Blackout. Here's Why...

Godney'sSweetCheeks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

Her vocals on 'the fire comes in, the skye falls down' >>>>> Blackout tho. Never was there a Blackout song with such orgasmic vocals.

WAIT I was ready to drag you but Make Me is really THAT song

the underwhelming live performances and ugly video made me stop playing it that much but I just rediscovered, and what a song, the lyrics, her vocals, the prechorus building for the eargasmic oohs :makeitrain:

Although Blackout has Heaven On Earth which is magical in a different way 

Just now, GetBack98 said:

WAIT I was ready to drag you but Make Me is really THAT song

the underwhelming live performances and ugly video made me stop playing it that much but I just rediscovered, and what a song, the lyrics, her vocals, the prechorus building for the eargasmic oohs :makeitrain:

Although Blackout has Heaven On Earth which is magical in a different way 

Exactly. If you listen to Make Me the right way, (loud on a great sound system in your car) it is kind of irreplaceable. Heaven on Earth is magical but the vocals and production are not as good as Make Me... at the end of the day

19 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

Her vocals on 'the fire comes in, the skye falls down' >>>>> Blackout tho. Never was there a Blackout song with such orgasmic vocals.

Blackout wasn't supposed to have orgasmic vocals. Her whole deadpan/autotune vocal effect throughout the album was what made it iconic. Imagine any song on blackout with lively and orgasmic vocals. It would seem really out of place. The album was carefree, slutatious, gritty, dark, trashy, thirsty and badass. Don't get me wrong I love Make Me... but I'd take an album of amazingly dark songs over 1 great lead single. Anyways you're delusional if you think Make Me... is better than Gimme More.

But that's just my opinion. :staysalty:

Just now, Iced Tea said:

Blackout wasn't supposed to have orgasmic vocals. Her whole deadpan/autotune vocal effect throughout the album was what made it iconic. Imagine any song on blackout with lively and orgasmic vocals. It would seem really out of place. The album was carefree, slutatious, gritty, dark, trashy, thirsty and badass. Don't get me wrong I love Make Me... but I'd take an album of amazingly dark songs over 1 great lead single. Anyways you're delusional if you think Make Me... is better than Gimme More.

But that's just my opinion. :staysalty:

I know... Blackout is iconic... and it doesn't matter why the vocals aren't as good - the fact is they just aren't as good.

Just now, AdamSkye said:

I know... Blackout is iconic... and it doesn't matter why the vocals aren't as good - the fact is they just aren't as good.

A song isn't just about the vocals, but it does matter why the vocals aren't as good. Any other vocal style would have been out of place, just like how Blackout vocals would sound out of place on Glory. Also the instrumentals of GM are the best in her entire discography, and the production on that album remains untouched.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Let's see if Glory has the same influential impact 10 years later. :forkit:

95% sure it wont, its a great album but not in any way innovative like blackout, blackout rewrote pop history, glory, although high quality, is just following the trends :mhm:

Can't Glory be Glory and Blackout be Blackout? Saying that Glory is the next Blackout kind of take away from Glory Britney's effort to reinvent her music with that album. It is Britney's first widely-acclaimed album since Blackout and that's the only connection you can make between the two. 

8 minutes ago, dreckig said:

Can't Glory be Glory and Blackout be Blackout? Saying that Glory is the next Blackout kind of take away from Glory Britney's effort to reinvent her music with that album. It is Britney's first widely-acclaimed album since Blackout and that's the only connection you can make between the two. 

MTE.

Archived