What GP TRULY thinks about Britney *RECEIPTS INSIDE*

Dynasty

So I asked this question on Quora, for those of you who dont know, Quora is a platform where you can ask any question and people who have some knowledge on the topic will give you a very thorough answer, most of the users are very educated.

The question I asked is: "Why do people keep saying Britney Spears is not talented?" And in the description I stated she auditioned for Jive and they recognized her talent, and how she sold over 140 million with two diamond albums.

In case you're a Quora user feel free to check by clicking this link, in case you don't feel like it, I will copy+paste their answers here:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-keep-saying-Britney-Spears-is-untalented

Ari Rottenberg, Been using it obsessively for jogging since the summer of 1993.

"Why do people keep saying Britney Spears is untalented?"

Probably because they've seen her perform and found nothing spectacular about her.

"Back in the 90’s she signed a contract with Jive Records, a very famous label because they liked her voice, she even had auditions"

The auditons came before the signing, right?

I won't deny her voice, but she really doesn't memorable - rather anonymous. Also, I've heard many more talented vocalists who get nowhere near as much attention. Much of the presumption of her being untalented is a reaction to her fans who have no interest in her talent either - much of the coverage of BS is over her glamor. If she sang like Brittany Spears but looked like your 2nd grade, middle-aged grammar teacher, nobody would care bout Brittany Spears's talent...or Brittany herself.

"She sold over 140 million copies worldwide, two diamond albums, so why?"

Because people who don't like Brittany Spears don't care what other people think. They only care what they think, and they think they've heard better.

Nicolas Azéraut, When not listening to music, playing some. Don't prevent me, or else I'll sing!

The kind of music she is playing/singing and particularly the “sound” and production of her recordings don’t require talent. Technology is here to fill-in and correct if she happen to be out of tune. She might be very talented, but so far there is no way to know.

Let her sing in a small venue, with minimal acoustic accompaniment and no voice correcting system - basically a vocal jazz set-up - and get me a ticket : then I’ll know if she’s really talented, and be sure I’d tell you.

Dmitry Loseff, Went to many music concerts, approached celebrities to have a photo.

She is talented, but no more than your next door neighbour. Let me explain:

Her career was built on her image, rather than on her ability to sing. She`s a bad singer. She has a weak voice and her ability to sing live is questionable. But she had one of the best producers\songwriters of the 90`s and the 2000 - Max Martin, the one who is responsible for the music of Dr Alban, Ace of base, E-type and many other stars of the 90`s. On her choruses she got help from the back singers, one of them is Nana Hedin, who sang most of the vocals on E-type records (angels crying, here I go). Britney had this teenager charisma that was so appealing the youth when she started her career,her ability to dance and add to that the very well composed and written pop songs and you`ve got a good product that is nice both for the eyes and ears. The project called Britney Spears is not one person, she could never be famous if she was a bard style singer performing self written material with a guitar, this project is a lot of people contributing the final result.

I think it’s just personal preference. Some people might think she’s talented and some people think she isn’t. It’s just like Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande. Mariah is known to be one of the best singers (Ariana is really good too) but some people that think that Ariana Grande is a better singer than her. Some people have certain opinions as to what skill or singing ability makes a good singer. Some people think its the voice that makes you a talented singer, some say its the fact that you can hold a note without struggling, a powerful voice or a voice that’s not too powerful, a higher voice or a lower voice. It’s people’s personal preferences.

Some people don’t focus on the talent the singer has some people might focus more on the music that the singer produces. Britney could have been successful because of her voice or maybe because it was her music rather than her voice, which could have been why she got high sales and 2 diamond albums.

Some people might of just liked her looks so they supported her because they thought she was pretty as there are people like that.

Some people think she’s a good singer, has good music and is pretty which is why they support her.

Then there are people who don’t think she’s all that in terms of music and talent or looks or personality so they don’t support her.

Everyone has their own preference. I might of went a bit off topic but I hope this answered your question.

For now there's only 4 answers :) there will be a lot more by tomorrow so I will keep you updated.

It mostly revolves around her not showing her talent, but the people who answered kept it civil :mhm: 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney has plenty of talent. She just doesn't use it. She could challenge herself and sing harder songs and have more intense choreography but she doesn't. Only her huge fans know that her talent is there because she's not promoted as this amazing singer. The gp would never know she also plays piano, writes incredible lyrics and has a lot of creative input in her videos and music.

The part of the GP that is harsh with her, are harsh because they don't think she has truly made a comeback when it comes to performing. I've heard and read so many comments about her being ''stiff'' and ''looking like she doesn't want to do this anymore'' since 2009, esp since 2011

If she had one, just one BOMB performance at an award show like the vmas where she danced like she did back in her prime people would have to shut their mouths

15 minutes ago, Sparks said:

The part of the GP that is harsh with her, are harsh because they don't think she has truly made a comeback when it comes to performing. I've heard and read so many comments about her being ''stiff'' and ''looking like she doesn't want to do this anymore'' since 2009, esp since 2011

If she had one, just one BOMB performance at an award show like the vmas where she danced like she did back in her prime people would have to shut their mouths

No, people won't stop ever talking **** about Brit. She can give us another memorable performance like VMAs 2001, and tomorrow people will find new reasons to bash her. People love to hate Britney, no matter how much input she has in pop culture she won't ever be recognized as extraordinary talented artist.

I hope she will improve her performing skills tho, because that's what is important for me. The stage presence. 

1 minute ago, AndrejBLV said:

No, people won't stop ever talking **** about Brit. She can give us another memorable performance like VMAs 2001, and tomorrow people will find new reasons to bash her. People love to hate Britney, no matter how much input she has in pop culture she won't ever be recognized as extraordinary talented artist.

I hope she will improve her performing skills tho, because that's what is important for me. The stage presence. 

I don't quite agree. Of course, there will always be people bashing her for obvious things, like lipping. I mean, we live in 2016, almost 2017 and people are STILL going on about her lipping songs as if it's news. Those people, idgaf about

However, for the people who bash her in terms of dancing and her ''looking like a stiff robot'' on stage, YES, a really, solid good performance that reminded them of primeney would make them shut up, I mean it would be living proof of her ''being back''. At least being back to the performer she used to be

I agree with some of them tbh, I love Britney and I know y'all are like "She's been lip syncing since 98' get over it" but that isn't completely true, she sang live many times, at least she TRIED. When you think about it, is quite ridiculous how she hasn't sing a single note live on any of her shows in 7 years, and if we don't count those 3 You Oughta Know performances, then that makes it more than a DECADE :beyfedup:

Don't get me wrong, I'm here for Britney the performer (Dancing and being a ****** icon) but she could do great performances with her live voice (as proven by Glory recording sessions) and I'd love to hear them

Honestly Britney will not be seen as some artistic mind unless she reinvents her image completely and goes more towards the direction she had duing 2004-2005.

Since her *** sells along with the conservatorship, this will most likely not come to fruition.

In that case, (and because she's not going to sing live) Britney really needs to step up with the performing. She does need to indulge herself with better choreo. JLO, Madonna, Beyonce are her peers and while their choreo may not be end all of dancing, it's far better than Britney's hip hop Zumba 2 step moves.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

If she went on stage and performed like Gaga did at the Oscars for Julie Andrews, I doubt people would love her more even if she blew them away. The GP's appeal from Britney was that you loved her, but you also loved to hate her. :lessons: 

No honey, if Britney does that, she would stop the ******* world from spinning, EVERYONE would be shocked, even the B-Army. But it's not gonna happen. :britstare11:

Honestly, they seem like the type of uptight morons that would only praise her when she passes away. They must be oblivious to the fact that some of her old performances put most current pop stars careers to shame. The thing with Britney is,  even if people think she's untalanted,  she still gets people talking,  she's still somewhat of a "taboo". There are plenty of less talented pop stars (Selena gomez, katy perry, kesha), but the reason no one comains about those banshees is because they made ZERO IMPACT, there never was or is any intresting or intriguing about them, they have no legacy. These people can ***** all they want, atleadt britney will be remembered. Atleast we know she has alot of actaul talent.:queenriri:

do you wanna the hard truth? GP think that Britney is non talent old pop star that used to dance well. now they only see a mom in her thirties that still sings just about ***, lipsynchs and call her fake and shallow. She needs to reinvent her image and the direction of her career, it used to work but not anymore. Because in the GP eyes she cant even dance like she used to, so there's not a single excuse for lipsync and they are tired and bored of the same *** lyrics songs.

and I keep thinkng and saying she needs to hire a new team

Didn't read because I already know it's gonna be the same "She doesn't show her talents" "She can't dance" blah blah blah.

Honestly I could care less what the GP think. You either like her or don't like her and that's all there is to it. I think if people have nothing nice to say that they shouldn't say anything at all unless it's completely necessary (which most times it isn't)

Archived