Truth tea: Why Britney lost the Best New Artist Grammy to XTina in 2000.

Guest StrawberryKisses

On 12/26/2016 at 0:28 PM, Soni said:

She sang FTBOMBH live but she lipped BOMT cuz she danced.

So that's one more reason to cut her off?
As if Janet and Michael weren't already lipping by that point :sassybrit:

Gurl, I didn't say I agreed with it. The Grammy producer himself said that was his least favorite performance of all time. They were pissed she lipped at all. Grammys suck - really couldn't give two sh*ts.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, wholenewway said:

Gurl, I didn't say I agreed with it. The Grammy producer himself said that was his least favorite performance of all time. They were pissed she lipped at all. Grammys suck - really couldn't give two sh*ts.

Yup. Grammys are all about APPEARANCES and POLITICS.

Britney never fit their mold - hence her almost perpetual snub. We should be forever thankful they couldn't ignore Toxic.

Mariah never seemed to be able to play the politics well enough...that's why a con artist like Beyonce would have so many more undeserved Grammys.

4 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Yup. Grammys are all about APPEARANCES and POLITICS.

Britney never fit their mold - hence her almost perpetual snub. We should be forever thankful they couldn't ignore Toxic.

Mariah never seemed to be able to play the politics well enough...that's why a con artist like Beyonce would have so many more undeserved Grammys.

Agree 100%. I actually love that Britney has been able to make such good music (aside from most of BJ) without the need for approval from the Grammys. I think she quickly realized what a joke they really were and stopped caring. 

Archived