Every Britney album meant something important for her career

Dinirocal

I've realized that every album she's done has been important for her career somehow.

1) Baby one more time: Her debut, the album that turned her into a star, it produced an all time classic song (BOMT)

2) Oops I did it again: It consolidated her career, it features one of the most iconic pop hits of the 2000s (OIDIA)

3) Britney: It was her transition record and it produced one of her top iconic moments of her career (Slave)

4) In the zone: This record is highly important as it featured her most universally acclaimed hit and magnus opus (Toxic)

5) Blackout: It was professionally important as its often considered the best material of her career, plus GM was iconic

6) Circus: It served as the comeback album of her career, essential and crutial album for her fragile career at the moment. 

7) Femme Fatale: It was her biggest record on the Radio and streaming wise

8) Britney Jean: It produced one of her most iconic songs (Work *****)

9) Glory: Considered as one of the best albums of her career

She doesn't have a "Lotus" or a "Bionic" or one of those albums that meant nothing for the artist's career.  All of Britney albums with highs and lows, at the good ones and the bad ones added something into her career wether it was among her greatest music, an iconic moment, hit songs, or were transitional / comeback albums but all of them had (more or less) importance into what she is as a pop star. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

BJ is a huge reach but okay...

WB and BJ couldn't have happen and it probably would have been more beneficial for her career tbh 

The rest I agree with though.

I agree, I really dislike that album.

But "Work *****" is now one of her most famous songs, so it ended getting an iconic tune. 

2 hours ago, button said:

Britney Jean served its purpose of being an iconic flop you mean :riha:

Glory and Femme fatale don't seem very eventful to me, sorry. FF is a very bland era and Glory was sadly ruined from the beginning.

Femme Fatale produced a #1 and hit singles so it wasn't an ignored uneventful era. Her biggest radio period actually.

and Glory's charm or importance relies somewhere else outside the charts, it is and will always gonna be considered one of Britney's best albums in her career. So musically it added a lot to her career and catalogue. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

BJ is a huge reach but okay...

WB and BJ couldn't have happen and it probably would have been more beneficial for her career tbh 

The rest I agree with though.

I would say It could have help even more for her career because:

1 - We wouldn't have that Mya Marieh moment. So ridiculous.

2 - Glory would have made a bigger impact on the radio and wouldn't be so underrated. Glory has made Rolling Stones Top 20 Albums of 2016 list with #5 and a high percent of the world's population doesn't know about it.

5 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

Femme Fatale produced #1 and hit singles so it wasn't an ignored uneventful era. Her biggest radio period actually.

and Glory's charm or importance relies somewhere else outside the charts, it is and will always gonna be considered one of Britney's best albums in her career. So musically it added a lot to her career and catalogue. 

It seems to me like you can twist any era/album and give it a "meaning". What metric are you using? Commercial success, critical acclaim or pop culture impact?

Bionic is a good album and it added to Christina's catalogue on top of being a pop culture moment for the floppage. So meh.

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

She's a singer so why wouldn't the release of an album be important though? :squintney: It's like the main thing she does and it sets up each era. 

I think she would've been better off without Britney Jean though. 

Ppl release albums that aren't important for their career. Selena to name one from the top of my head. 

Like her first albums minus a few songs (reaching) did very little for her career. 

Her career would have been fine without it. It's no toxic or Baby 

"Work *****" is IMO more iconic and famous these days than any song she did since "Gimme More" (I'm not talking abouy charts). 

And yeah I agree her career would have been fine without it, but the song still become quite iconic, so the BJ album at least produced something, it wasn't entirely uneventful. (We're not talking here about music quality) out of all of her recent records ("Circus", "Femme Fatale", "Britney Jean", "Glory"), "Britney Jean" was the one that ironically pulled the most iconic tune. "Womanizer" was massive and the music video is a big fan favorite but I don't think its as present in her career these days. 

Just now, Dinirocal said:

"Work *****" is IMO more iconic and famous these days than any song she did since "Gimme More" (I'm not talking abouy charts). 

And yeah I agree her career would have been fine without it, but the song still become quite iconic, so the BJ album at least produced something, it wasn't entirely uneventful. (We're not talking here about music quality) out of all of her recent records ("Circus", "Femme Fatale", "Britney Jean", "Glory"), "Britney Jean" was the one that ironically pulled the most iconic tune. "Womanizer" was massive and the music video is a big fan favorite but I don't think its as present in her career these days. 

Ppl know Circus more than Womanizer and WB. 

Obviously it's the freshest known song because it was her last some what hit...

2 hours ago, button said:

It seems to me like you can twist any era/album and give it a "meaning". What metric are you using? Commercial success, critical acclaim or pop culture impact?

Bionic is a good album and it added to Christina's catalogue on top of being a pop culture moment for the floppage. So meh.

Bionic is a good album but thats it, it never meant anything to her career, no one ever considered it the best or among the best albums of her career. It was just average and panned by critics. 

"Glory" on the other hand received critical support and joined "In the zone" and "Blackout" and now is part of Birtney's most worthy albums. So it is musically important in Britney's career. 

3 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

Bionic is a good album but thats it, it never meant anything to her career, no one ever considered it the best or among the best albums of her career. It was just average and panned by critics. 

"Glory" on the other hand received critical support and joined "In the zone" and "Blackout" and now is part of Birtney's most worthy albums. So it is musically important in Britney's career. 

I agree.

I personally enjoy Bionic but it wasn't important for her career. 

Ppl know Circus more than Womanizer and WB. 

Obviously it's the freshest known song because it was her last some what hit...

Maybe in America. But outside US "Circus" is not really as known as you may think, I would even say its one of her least known hit songs. 

Maybe "Work *****" is the freshest. But "Till the world ends" was much bigger and quite recent as well and still never got the place WB is getting (widely used on media, parodies, gay clubs, music video views, gym anthem, concert opener, fan favorite, they always show "Work *****" when she attends talk shows, etc.. Didn't Celine Dion covered it lately on a talk show?) it seems that "Work *****" gets more iconic every year while some of her other recent songs actually get less and less iconic each year. 

Just now, Dinirocal said:

Maybe in America. But outside US "Circus" is not really as known as you may think, I would even say its one of her least known hit songs. 

Maybe "Work *****" is the freshest. But "Till the world ends" was much bigger and quite recent as well and still never got the place WB is getting (widely used on media, parodies, gay clubs, music video views, gym anthem, concert opener, fan favorite, they always show "Work *****" when she attends talk shows, etc.. Didn't Celine Dion covere dit lately on a talk show?) it seems that "Work *****" gets more iconic every year while some of her other recent songs actually get less and less iconic each year. 

I'm from the US so obviously I'm comparing from that. It's her main market so makes sense.

Overall the album hurt her more than help. So I would still prefer it didn't happen. We could live without WB. I still stand by that. 

11 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

Glory was definitely something for the fans (bc of BJ) but it is objectively not an universally acclaimed masterpiece. 71 on Metacritic is GOOD but not quite enough to consider it a career milestone. Maybe had it outdone the Oops 72 score. Maybe had the original Make Me been released. It has not achieved much to me. :sassybrit:

It's a good album and but it's personally not in my Britney trinity.

I'm from the US so obviously I'm comparing from that. It's her main market so makes sense.

Overall the album hurt her more than help. So I would still prefer it didn't happen. We could live without WB. I still stand by that. 

The album was a mess, I agree, my least favorite one. But "Work *****" quite survived. Just wait 10 more years and you'll see that "Work *****" will likely join her career classics. 

Archived