Let's think like GP if we want the PERFECT third single...

Oxic

45 minutes ago, coo said:

omg better will flop SO hard if it becomes a single i can't even tbh :orangu: it's an obvious sorry rip-offs! (well not rip-offs but its pretty damn similar)

i say **** the GP and release a dance / party single. its the essence of modern britney, fierce party / dance anthems :staysalty:

That's the problem, there isn't a dance anthem in the entire album, maybe DYWCO is the closest option, it looks like a If you seek ama 2.0 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toxic would never have been released if a safe, generic option hard been chosen. 

The gems should be released to the public, not buried for hardcore fans alone to enjoy. 

Britney should follow her instincts and passion to best connect with the public. 

Looking back at her most commercially successful songs of the past, I think the opening seconds are key to establishing that connection. I suggest going bold with something like "If I'm Dancing" or "Do You Wanna Come Over."

Other accessible tracks with depth include "Change Your Mind" and "Man on the Moon" (Include MOTM's intro stanza in the video but cut it from the radio edit to jump right into the music). 

Every Britneys song will flop if she thinks to realize MV and then sits at home doing nothing.

SP would not flop if she gave great performance at AMAs (not POM performance) and promote her new material at these radio festivals.

And maybe if she did one late night talk show and performed there too.

And also she needs to find new creative team ASAP, so they could make her look cool again for GP and lets be real, also for remain fans.

P.S.

I'm here for CYM, it's such a cool song, and with simple, ****, classy and cool MV,  I think it could do wonders to Britneys career.

I was on team CYM but DYWCO is winning me over and i think JLUVM could be a good choice too, especially considering the GP 

I think SP wasnt very successful bc the expression ''Slumber Party'' is not cool to the GP and people would refuse to play it in front of other people - particularly also bc Britney isnt exactly the coolest artist out there. 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

That's the problem, there isn't a dance anthem in the entire album, maybe DYWCO is the closest option, it looks like a If you seek ama 2.0 

thats why DYWCO should be a single.

anyway to me it sounds like those 00s DJ anthems tbh. the one that has obscure music videos :orangu:

4 hours ago, jamaphone said:

Toxic would never have been released if a safe, generic option hard been chosen. 

The gems should be released to the public, not buried for hardcore fans alone to enjoy. 

Britney should follow her instincts and passion to best connect with the public. 

Looking back at her most commercially successful songs of the past, I think the opening seconds are key to establishing that connection. I suggest going bold with something like "If I'm Dancing" or "Do You Wanna Come Over."

Other accessible tracks with depth include "Change Your Mind" and "Man on the Moon" (possibly without the intro stanza so it jumps right into the music). 

Toxic wasnt radio friendly either. It was different for radio. The video really helped it and Britney didnt let it die by performing it everywhere like Gaga did with MR. Sometimes you gotta shove the singles down people's throats.

1 hour ago, Body ache said:

Toxic wasnt radio friendly either. It was different for radio. The video really helped it and Britney didnt let it dies by performing it everywhere like Gaga did with MR. Sometimes you gotta shove the singles down people's throats.

Britney always sold her music in visuals, great performances, and iconic outfits. 

When you take that away Britney is left with nothing. Which is why her image as greatly has fallen apart since TFFT. 

7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney always sold her music in visuals, great performances, and iconic outfits. 

When you take that away Britney is left with nothing. Which is why her image as greatly has fallen apart since TFFT. 

Yep and controversy really. She has always shocked people in some way and people have thought "Oh Britney did WHAT?"
Doesnt matter if it performances or music videos. People expect that of her really, or the GP does.
She clearly isnt too keen on doing anything like that so it kinda makes it hard for her to get that huge hit. If she's happy doing what she does now then its fine. I will enjoy her music anyway but we cant expect that top 5 hit without shockvalue

Just now, Wombat said:

Yep and controversy really. She has always shocked people in some way and people have thought "Oh Britney did WHAT?"
Doesnt matter if it performances or music videos. People expect that of her really, or the GP does.
She clearly isnt too keen on doing anything like that so it kinda makes it hard for her to get that huge hit. If she's happy doing what she does now then its fine. I will enjoy her music anyway but we cant expect that top 5 hit without shockvalue

I mean for some things there was shock value but others it was a strong image and good delivery. 

TTWE was a huge hit but nothing was shocking. But she used a very pending idea. 2012 and what ppl thought would be the end of the world.

Same with IWG she had that fun intro that had ppl using it on websites etc. 

Now we are in a different issue. Years have gone past with a huge part of a generation not knowing Britney. It's going to be hard to jump back on it. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I mean for some things there was shock value but others it was a strong image and good delivery. 

TTWE was a huge hit but nothing was shocking. But she used a very pending idea. 2012 and what ppl thought would be the end of the world.

Same with IWG she had that fun intro that had ppl using it on websites etc. 

Now we are in a different issue. Years have gone past with a huge part of a generation not knowing Britney. It's going to be hard to jump back on it. 

Your right! Its not always shock-value but I think at the moment you need something the wake the GP up and see Britney as the iconic artist that she is.
All in all she needs to get ppl to talk about her music or visuals, not just who she is dating... it seems she is not in the news unless she has a new bf... like I havent seen her anywhere in my country until there were pictures of her and Sam.....

And again if she is happy this way then fine, but if she wants a proper huge hit again.

2 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Your right! Its not always shock-value but I think at the moment you need something the wake the GP up and see Britney as the iconic artist that she is.
All in all she needs to get ppl to talk about her music or visuals, not just who she is dating... it seems she is not in the news unless she has a new bf... like I havent seen her anywhere in my country until there were pictures of her and Sam.....

And again if she is happy this way then fine, but if she wants a proper huge hit again.

It's like her team should want ppl to focus on Britney the artist since focusing on the personal is what was her downfall in 2007. 

None of it makes sense. How half the stuff that has been put out and handled by her team the last 7 years is mind blowing. It's like how far can we be terrible until ppl will stop supporting.

FFT shouldn't have happened. If I was on her team I would be this isn't quality... this would be more tragic than good.

Also BJ do they think we are that dumb to not hear the vocals....

X-Factor

I could go on....

I'm astonished. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

It's like her team should want ppl to focus on Britney the artist since focusing on the personal is what was her downfall in 2007. 

None of it makes sense. How half the stuff that has been put out and handled by her team the last 7 years is mind blowing. It's like how far can we be terrible until ppl will stop supporting.

FFT shouldn't have happened. If I was on her team I would be this isn't quality... this would be more tragic than good.

Also BJ do they think we are that dumb to not hear the vocals....

X-Factor

I could go on....

I'm astonished. 

True FFT shouldnt have happened even tho I was glad she came to my country lol

After all of those things I'm happy to see her confident and step by step getting more passionate about performing. She's comfortable even with "strangers" like G and Tinashe on stage so thats good. We should have just gotten the original MM video... I know many thought some parts that leaked were too much but A. we didnt see the final cut nor all the scenes B. It would have created conversation and gotten attention for sure. Without the lead single mv being strong its hard to continue... Actually thought VMAs were good but still without the support of the MV it didnt get the attention the single deserved really.

Archived