Man On The Moon woukd be the perfect 3rd single

Cappycorn87

1 hour ago, patience-darling said:

I love man on the moon (obviously look at my username)

I can just see this song being a flawless ending for the GLORY WORLD TOUR.

With her floating in the sky during the ending verse with glitter falling down and a giant moon in the background:scalped:

Actually I just imagined that and it would be so perfect and such a beautiful way to end a concert!! It should follow oops! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

Listen, I think there's so many GREAT songs on Glory, I personally love pretty much every single one of them aside from Hard To Forget Ya (which is ok too.)

But here's what definitely won't work:

1. Another midtempo: She had Make Me and Slumber Party - no shade, but these two songs are arguably better than any other midtempo on the album. Given that neither one of the two were massive hits, I wouldn't follow up with another one - Just Like Me, Man On The Moon, Just Luv Me (although if she's not gonna release No.4 then I kinda 50% want JLM to be a single coz I want a visual for that song, but it would be great for a 4th, last single off Glory)

2. Stuff that's already been tested on the market: Do You Wanna Come Over? - She performed it in Vegas, during most of her promo performances, and tbh, no one's getting into it if you look at the audience. Her kids may love the track, but the GP definitely aren't getting it. Personally, I like it, but I'm happy if it stays what it is - a great album track. / Private Show: Loved the commercial and the song worked well with it, it should be left at that. We don't need a second visual.

3. Songs that are too slow/experimental: Coupure Electrique, Invitation, Mood Ring (love all three of those, but c'mon let's be real - 0% chance of a hit)

Only real choices for single 3:

1. Love Me Down - it's danceable and most importantly - somewhat uptempo.

2. Clumsy - People can hate on it all they want, but it's a better version of ISBE off BJ. I think it's funky, weird, has a super catchy melody, the Oops! part, the beat drop - this song could actually be played in the club, on the radio etc. Is it the most current, forward looking song - nope. But does Brit really need that now? Nope. Also, if I'm in the car with my friends - if they request a song off Glory they wanna hear it's either Make Me, Slumber Party but without a doubt most often Clumsy.

3. I'm down for Better/Change Your Mind/If I'm Dancing - but I highly doubt any of those songs are gonna make an impact whatsoever.

wow well written and well said.

I agree for the first part. On the second part: I think Change Your Mind and If Im Dancing are standout tracks of Glory! It's so different, so danceable and actually REALLY REALLY good. I kinda feel the GP will totally be here for those songs. Better is also good, but maybe a bit too much "Justin Bieber". I loved Clumsy when it was released, so I wouldn't mind that either.

Archived