Make Me VMA

Black_Out

6 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

Then why use a hand mic and pre recorded vocals for that one part of the whole performance?

I can't with this amount of delusion :britdrown:

They are not pre recorded since Britney had never sung MM&I before in her life, it was just to promote G-Easy. Remember this is team Britney we are talking about.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney, Her Team, and her Label, they put all the hopes in the VMAs performance for increase the first week sales Glory. 

The main problem is, they invested like $1000 on that cheap performance, was forgotable anything iconic, it's NOT MTV blame it's Britney's blame. 

I was not expecting anything iconic after she spent a lot of days on the Beach and she comeback to Vegas with 2 days of rehearsals for Make Me Performances and later like just hours of rehearsal in NYC. 

In Britney land, when she usually switches to hand held, it's to show emotion, and give the illusion for live vocals, aka perfume, shadow, every time. This was dumb, so it's always safe to assume that the 100% of the time she has a headset on, she's lipping. Either way, it makes her look silly.....and the Zebra Print dancers.....how tacky

I absolutly LOVE the Vma performance, but I do think that it didn't suit the place. Vma's are about showing off, every performance has high production value, yet Britney's was about minimalism, that's why it was overshadowd by every other performance. It would have suited at another award show, maybe peoples choice or the grammys.

48 minutes ago, larac said:

I absolutly LOVE the Vma performance, but I do think that it didn't suit the place. Vma's are about showing off, every performance has high production value, yet Britney's was about minimalism, that's why it was overshadowd by every other performance. It would have suited at another award show, maybe peoples choice or the grammys.

Lypping at the Grammys would be her biggest career fail ever but I see what you're saying.

the performance was cute 

it was just too too simple

i remember my sister and i watching it and when the first chorus continues with the last chorus i was sure she was gonna do something else

then she sang me myself and i and it was a wtf moment but cute but then she went back to make me and then it was over

i remember both of us being left waiting for more, my sister told me that she obviously had to do something else

people were expecting her to come back with a banger and her typical full of dance performances

it was a good performance but it lacked something just because it was the vmas

I liked the VMAs performance tbh
The simplicity fit the song really well

The only thing that kinda ruined it was the hype around it and the fact that she performed straight after Beyonce.
Also of course it would have been absolutely best if she would have performed more songs from Glory or even her older super-hits like she has now at the festivals. Like if we had the Jingle Bash performance at the VMAs with all her dancers... that would have worked so well!

16 hours ago, HenryEvans said:

It was a simple performance (and I liked the idea), the focus was more on her and less on the dancers and more on Britney, but it's the VMAs, people were expecting a huge moment and Beyonce took that for her and made Britney's performance forgettable tbh. 

Beyonce's 20 minutes was forgettable in my opinion. Not because I hate beyonce.. because I enjoyed lemonade even though I am very biased against her. But because it was too long. There was too much going on. Britney only needed a few minutes in her iconic performances because that is what stays with you longer. Short performances with a punch to them..not 20 minute mini concert. She weakened the impact of Britmey's performance because it was overwhelming to watch so much of what was going on but it was too much, too long. It was forgettable. The only thing people will remember from it is that she had a mini concert. So what?

The performance was decent. But I hate it to my bone because she had the audacity to promote G Eazy's song but not her album. Like girl, you teased the fans for 9 ******* years and you took half the time to promote your featured artist? What the ****?:byebitch:

And not to mention for having only 4 dancers on stage. Britney, if you ain't singing your lungs out like Adele, have some respect to your audience and put on a massive S-H-O-W.

It was okay for a late night talk show performance or something. Not an award show and not the VMAs especially considering it was hyped up as being her first time there in 9 years. I get it was supposed to be simple or "stripped down" but WTF...you're gonna strip down the stage, the production, the number of dancers...that means you better belt out a ballad or do some amazing dancing but it was non stop lip synching and underwhelming choreography. She looked great, had energy, and she moved really well but it just wasn't enough.

Archived