Make Me VMA

Black_Out

I think Britney and her team had higher hopes for MM after the VMAs. She did kill it and nail the moves but clearly It was supposed to be a stripped Britney. "Live vocals" which is why she goes from a head mic to a hand mic when she lyped the pre recorded vocals to MMAI and then pointed to the mic. I mean if that's what she was trying to prove then she should have really done it! Her voice sounded great and it's not like she was doing heavy choreo. That was the iconic VMA gimmick and it didn't work. Well that, the hood, and crotch grab that was hotter in 07 during her GM Vma performance tbh.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the two microphones thing, it didn't make any sense!

I mean, what was it supposed to mean? That she was singing MMAI live? Those were clearly studio vocals, there was nothing live going on there and I don't buy the "there was a technical problem" theories, that's beyond delusional. I honestly don't know what they tried to do, but they made the fact that she was lipping to Make Me very, very explicit. Why the hell would she switch microphones?! I still don't get it tbh and they did the same during POM when she used to "sing" Alien and Perfume. It does not look good if you're not going to sing live, or at least sound live. I also hate the fact that she is always using her headset mic while people like G-Eazy and Tinashe don't (this didn't happen with Iggy though, yay). Why would they do that? :squintney:

And about the pointing to the mic part, it's clear she did it because it was part of the choreo, her dancers did the same move so she was obviously not trying to make it look like a "hey yo, look I'm singing live, here's the hand microphone" kinda thing. I think it was really stupid to bring more attention to the fact that she was lipping... Maybe it was an utterly mild attempt to create controversy from her team? I don't think so. :byebitch:

And anyway, the VMAs were nice, she gave a great performance and I still love that minute and a half of Britney just there on stage by herself. But it's just that, a nice performance that was neither memorable nor iconic.

I still believe they should've done a Glory medley instead. Or at the very least, just the first half of MM, G-Eazy's rap, and then move on to DYWCO to end up with an explosive performance.

There's no point in trying to make her look like she's singing live at this moment of her career. MM is a beautiful song, but it should've not been the lead single, it's not VMA's performance worthy. So many songs that deserved that performance: Womanizer, Circus, Till the World Ends, I Wanna Go, Scream & Shout, Work *****.

It was, good, it wasn't bad definitely. But yeah, I don't know what they were expecting with it. Then mixing it with Me, Myself and I? And just to end up going back to MM? It was quite strange. They should've at least released that remix as a single or something if they were intending to send it to radio.

It was never meant to be live guys, when will you understand that... She used two mics to give the ilusion that she was singing, she didn't point her mic to ask to turn it on (her dancers did the same move at the same time, the only thing is that Britney had the mic on her hand and it looked like she was pointing to the mic). This is how messy her team is, that's it. 

Just now, Curiousexhaler86 said:

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the two microphones thing, it didn't make any sense!

I mean, what was it supposed to mean? That she was singing MMAI live? Those were clearly studio vocals, there was nothing live going on there and I don't buy the "there was a technical problem" theories, that's beyond delusional. I honestly don't know what they tried to do, but they made the fact that she was lipping to Make Me very, very explicit. Why the hell would she switch microphones?! I still don't get it tbh and they did the same during POM when she used to "sing" Alien and Perfume. It does not look good if you're not going to sing live, or at least sound live. I also hate the fact that she is always using her headset mic while people like G-Eazy and Tinashe don't (this didn't happen with Iggy though, yay). Why would they do that? :squintney:

And about the pointing to the mic part, it's clear she did it because it was part of the choreo, her dancers did the same move so she was obviously not trying to make it look like a "hey yo, look I'm singing live, here's the hand microphone" kinda thing. I think it was really stupid to bring more attention to the fact that she was lipping... Maybe it was an utterly mild attempt to create controversy from her team? I don't think so. :byebitch:

And anyway, the VMAs were nice, she gave a great performance and I still love that minute and a half of Britney just there on stage by herself. But it's just that, a nice performance that was neither memorable nor iconic.

Agreed with all but the last part about it not being memorable.

It was such a landmark moment in her career I'll always remember it. 9 years ago on that stage, the world said she was done so it was pretty crazy to see her looking in

peak form dancing beautifully by herself and enjoying it.

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I still believe they should've done a Glory medley instead. Or at the very least, just the first half of MM, G-Eazy's rap, and then move on to DYWCO to end up with an explosive performance.

There's no point in trying to make her look like she's singing live at this moment of her career. MM is a beautiful song, but it should've not been the lead single, it's not VMA's performance worthy. So many songs that deserved that performance: Womanizer, Circus, Till the World Ends, I Wanna Go, Scream & Shout, Work *****.

It was, good, it wasn't bad definitely. But yeah, I don't know what they were expecting with it. Then mixing it with Me, Myself and I? And just to end up going back to MM? It was quite strange. They should've at least released that remix as a single or something if they were intending to send it to radio.

I disagree, I think MM is the perfect lead single. Shes always had up beat dance songs as lead and this is the first time she choses a mid tempo song, bold move and a big statement that this album is different. I'm only pissed about the music video, MM deserved better.

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Omg imagine everyone being slayed by the floor choreo in WB!! Now that would have been a memorable performance! Not whatever happened that night tbh :wtfdidusay:

10 hours ago, alexdaily said:

It was never meant to be live guys, when will you understand that... She used two mics to give the ilusion that she was singing, she didn't point her mic to ask to turn it on (her dancers did the same move at the same time, the only thing is that Britney had the mic on her hand and it looked like she was pointing to the mic). This is how messy her team is, that's it. 

I don't believe that at all. It wasn't just a random dance move to point to the mic. It was purposely symbolic of her stating look I sang live. She didn't do that move in any other MM performance. 

Just now, Black_Out said:

I don't believe that at all. It wasn't just a random dance move to point to the mic. It was purposely symbolic of her stating look I sang live. She didn't do that move in any other MM performance. 

Yeah cause Britney loves singing live and she literally begs her team to let her sing live :sofedup: Her dancers were doing the same move, it's when she says "and it gets me every time", so what do people use in their wrist to see what TIME is it? Oh yeah a WATCH, so yeah that's what she was doing.

31 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Gurl, stop. If she meant to sing MM&I live, she would've sang it at iHeartRadio Festival and Vegas when G-Eazy guested. 

The VMAs are **** these days but still on a totally different level than those festivals and it's televised LIVE. So yes I do believe that was the point and it didn't work. The cringiest part about it is that IF that was the point, it was to someone else's OLD song. Like wtf???

4 minutes ago, alexdaily said:

Yeah cause Britney loves singing live and she literally begs her team to let her sing live :sofedup: Her dancers were doing the same move, it's when she says "and it gets me every time", so what do people use in their wrist to see what TIME is it? Oh yeah a WATCH, so yeah that's what she was doing.

Then why use a hand mic and pre recorded vocals for that one part of the whole performance?

Archived