Did Tinashe Ruin Slumber Party?

OCBoy1985

15 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

I agree.  Having Tinasha on the track makes it feel a little more upbeat and funner.

15 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

I like her vocals on the song and she makes the song even sexier than it already is. Plus I feel like the video would be missing something without her. So no I think Tinashe made Slumber Party even better, at least for me :cinderellaney:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I don't think she ruined it I just don't think she added anything to it. She's so unknown and Britney clearly outshines her on the song, in the video, and in the performances. They didn't change the song they just added her vocals and she has a basic voice so it wasn't unique enough to really stand out (like Britney's did on the S&M Remix). It's practically the same as the original. 

It was a pointless feature but it’s not like she ruined the song. I just would much rather collabs actually add something. And she’s also flopping now and no one is listening to her new music, so it’s not even like her name helped the song. She should have teamed up with Rih again and done a proper remix 

3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't think she ruined it I just don't think she added anything to it. She's so unknown and Britney clearly outshines her on the song, in the video, and in the performances. They didn't change the song they just added her vocals and she has a basic voice so it wasn't unique enough to really stand out (like Britney's did on the S&M Remix). It's practically the same as the original. 

This! 

Definitely, I was so bored of all random duets she did (Pretty Girls with that rapper, Make Me with that hot rapper) and I've been kinda happy for a while when I discovered Slumber Party would be the next single (never fell in love  with the song, but  we would finally had had a solo Britney's single and Music Video)... :tysm:

But no, they ruined everything adding a random singer thinking she could have help the song in the charts (if was Rihanna ok, but who is "Tinashe"? Never heard before Slumber Party and I don't care if she's a good dancer/singer, is totally random anyway :idgi:).

3 hours ago, britneymegamix said:

Definitely, I was so bored of all random duets she did (Pretty Girls with that rapper, Make Me with that hot rapper) and I've been kinda happy for a while when I discovered Slumber Party would be the next single (never fell in love  with the song, but  we would finally had had a solo Britney's single and Music Video)... :tysm:

But no, they ruined everything adding a random singer thinking she could have help the song in the charts (if was Rihanna ok, but who is "Tinashe"? Never heard before Slumber Party and I don't care if she's a good dancer/singer, is totally random anyway :idgi:).

Well educate yourself then.

Tinashe was known before SP and she's got really good music.

Your lack of interest in other artists doesn't mean they don't have talent or anything.

11 minutes ago, ydmc said:

Well educate yourself then.

Tinashe was known before SP and she's got really good music.

Your lack of interest in other artists doesn't mean they don't have talent or anything.

I didn't write she has no talent. I was just trying to say that Britney should collaborate with great names like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna, Mariah Carey. 

The fact you love an artist that is no one compared to Britney (in terms of iconicity, of course, I know Tinashe is good)  doesn't mean she's the right person for a duet created just to try to sell more copies and absolutely not for artistic reasons. 

20 minutes ago, britneymegamix said:

I didn't write she has no talent. I was just trying to say that Britney should collaborate with great names like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna, Mariah Carey. 

The fact you love an artist that is no one compared to Britney (in terms of iconicity, of course, I know Tinashe is good)  doesn't mean she's the right person for a duet created just to try to sell more copies and absolutely not for artistic reasons. 

Honey besides Rihanna in the list you made, they're all done.

Tinashe was featured on the single version of Slumber Party and she was just fine on it, her vocals blended nicely with Britney’s HOWEVER I don’t think she brought anything extra to the song therefore I’m not sure why she was chosen to feature in it. Having said that, I think her appearing in the video was cool as she added another dynamic to it. 

Archived