Rolling Stone top 20 pop albums of the year, Glory at 5!

SLAY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

Am i blind !!!!!  am i dyslexic !!!!  where's Bleachoncé - Lemonada ???  thank god some people can tell the real from the fake

Yesssss Glory, this made my night

17 minutes ago, coo said:

ikr?? and beyonce is nowhere to be found. rolling stone just got upgraded on my list :queenriri:

Lemonade is actually really, really incredible and on a next level compared to what anyone else has done imo. I seriously disliked Beyonce like 12 hours ago, but after seeing all the praise Lemonade was getting, I watched it last night, and it's deserving of all the success it's gotten. I don't know if you've seen it or not but you shouldn't judge unless you have.

19 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Lemonade is actually really, really incredible and on a next level compared to what anyone else has done imo. I seriously disliked Beyonce like 12 hours ago, but after seeing all the praise Lemonade was getting, I watched it last night, and it's deserving of all the success it's gotten. I don't know if you've seen it or not but you shouldn't judge unless you have.

haven't seen the movie in full, have listened in full. i would put it in on top 10, but it's still way too overpraised imo.

and it's not even pop.

6 minutes ago, coo said:

haven't seen the movie in full, have listened in full. i would put put in on top 10, but it's still way too overpraised imo.

and it's not even pop.

The movie really enhances the experience. I would definitely think it's overrated if I had only listened to it and not watched it.

2 minutes ago, coo said:

shouldn't u judge an album by its music though? :beyfedup:

I watched the movie in full for once so I think I'm entitled to say my feelings about that album. I really liked the album at the first listen because of the visual experience. But when I tried to listen to it without actually watching the movie, it sounded way less amazing. The visual definitely enhances the experience a lot but also somewhat limits the soundscape of the actual music. Like after what I saw in the movie, I just couldn't have a new imaginary picture in my head while listening to those songs anymore. The visuals had stuck in my mind and there wouldn't be any possibilities anymore. And to be fair, comparing those "visual albums" to the traditional albums that don't have any visuals attached is rather unfair. It's like asking a person to run past another person who's driving a car.

So in my opinion, Glory is at the same level with Lemonade (with visuals). But without the visuals helping, Glory becomes a better album.

10 minutes ago, coo said:

shouldn't u judge an album by its music though? :beyfedup:

Technically yes, but this was released as a visual album. The music alone is actually really high quality, timeless, "pure music," and still tells the story. I can easily see just the music being top 10, but the visuals is what make it hand-down #1 for me. It helps you to really appreciate the music and adds more to the story.

Just now, Fab britney said:

Also I don't think rollingstone will ever say britney Jean was bad since they gave it a good review in 2013

Because it isn't really a bad album. What they say is the truth. It was often not great - but it had great moments too and is just like your regular pop album by katy perry which is mostly filler tracks and some great ones which would be reviewed similarly. Fans act like it was the worst album ever made and should be completely forgotten about but it's just not true.

Some songs are rubbish. No denying that, but it doesn't make the whole album bad.

7 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

Because it isn't really a bad album. What they say is the truth. It was often not great - but it had great moments too and is just like your regular pop album by katy perry which is mostly filler tracks and some great ones which would be reviewed similarly. Fans act like it was the worst album ever made and should be completely forgotten about but it's just not true.

Some songs are rubbish. No denying that, but it doesn't make the whole album bad.

I agree, I really love work *****, perfume, alien and passenger 

Archived