Let's stir things up...

garthroda

Hey Everybody, here's my second thread in Exhale!

I usually just read trough the posts and read whatever people write in here for fun, usually there's a lot of negative thinking, a lot of bashing and a lot of criticism (Which sometimes is amusing) but sometimes it comes as annoying, conceited or even mean. I know I'm at a fan forum and as fans, we think we are entitled to ask for whatever we want for the artist we like, in this case Ms. Britney, but we are really forgetting the person that lies behind the character she and her team has built for her/us.

I don't want to sound like I'm on a high horse because I'm not, I'm just a normal guy that happens to enjoy britney's music and watching whatever she does, I was happy to get to know her at her prime, sad when she went through her dark times and overly proud right know of what she've become.

There's a lot of new talent out there and I know it's really difficult to defend her artistry with everybody else, but she isn't asking anyone to do that for her, she's just doing what she loves and I like her because of that, she's an inspiration in that way. 

Whenever I read comments like: "she should dance like this, she should sing live (which i'd love her to do too), she should up her production, she should fire her team, etc etc etc" I just think to myself: "There are a lot of experts, professionals and Industry people in exhale, maybe the whole industry is registered at the forum with undercover names and stuff" like if she should be perfect, which is impossible.

We cannot expect her to be like anyone else or compare her to other people, because she is herself as we are ourselves, we definitely hate when other people tell us what to do, so why do you think she should follow whatever opinion we have for herself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should be happy with whatever she does, but we should appreciate that she's still making music, performing and doing her stuff even if the results aren't what she or fans expected.

I don't care if everyone I know considers her a legend or an icon or if they don't like her, is their opinion and it's a valid one, I rather keep enjoying the good we get than focus on the little details.

If I don't agree, enjoy or like something she does, I just hope for the next thing, look the other way or just focus on the positive things, that way I get to keep enjoying her.

Anyways, this post might not make any sense or it might sound like venting but I thought I'd share my point of view with you guys. Do as you please with it and hope everyone have a great day/night... 

:kisses2all:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't about her being better than anybody else, it's about the fact that a pop legend like Britney Spears is having her career handled as if she's on some Selena Gomez or Meghan Trainor level.

It's as if her team isn't aware about who she really is and what she actually represents. She's basically the millennial Madonna.

This is what bothers me. Larry and the rest of Team Britney are eternally stuck in 2009 where Britney was at her second peak due to her successful comeback and they haven't changed their strategy since. They expect everything to sell just because BRITNEY SPEARS is slapped on it with minimal amounts of proper promotion, and the past few years they've really held back on the quality of work that someone almost 20 years into her career should have.

X-Factor should have never happened. Britney Jean should have never happened. Pretty Girls should have never happened.

Larry and the rest of them just cash their checks for all of these disasters unaware of the damage that everything's been doing to Britney's career.

Why the **** is Britney Spears collaborating with Iggy Azalea? Who's idea was it to record LITTLE MIX and GRL reject tracks?!

Why is Britney still being marketed like she's 19 years old? Larry and TB are stuck in the past and they need a serious wakeup call because at this rate it's going to kill Britney's career for good.

Why do they feel the need to scrap music videos that have substance (Perfume)? That are eye catching and more than just your basic pop girl video (Make Me)?

*** works well for Britney, but she needs to evolve. Glory is a step in the right direction. B10 needs to be experimental. Focus on getting critical praise, not mainstream and the record will fly off the shelves.

Beyonce has the critics so far up her *** that Lemonade was only up for sale and not streaming and that **** has pulled over a million copies sold in the US alone. Lemonade had no pop radio hits. It's singles were only played on urban stations and they maintained steady longevity.

If Britney purposely goes mainstream again (Femme Fatale 2), she's gonna be seen as desperate and generic. Another damaging career move.

"Why should we care about Britney Spears when we have The Chainsmokers already doing this and more popular on radio?"

So, I hope that the rumors are true that TB reads this forum and sees these posts because they need to be aware of what is actually going on...

:queenflopga2:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It isn't about her being better than anybody else, it's about the fact that a pop legend like Britney Spears is having her career handled as if she's on some Selena Gomez or Meghan Trainor level.

It's as if her team isn't aware about who she really is and what she actually represents. She's basically the millennial Madonna.

This is what bothers me. Larry and the rest of Team Britney are eternally stuck in 2009 where Britney was at her second peak due to her successful comeback and they haven't changed their strategy since. They expect everything to sell just because BRITNEY SPEARS is slapped on it with minimal amounts of proper promotion, and the past few years they've really held back on the quality of work that someone almost 20 years into her career should have.

X-Factor should have never happened. Britney Jean should have never happened. Pretty Girls should have never happened.

Larry and the rest of them just cash their checks for all of these disasters unaware of the damage that everything's been doing to Britney's career.

Why the **** is Britney Spears collaborating with Iggy Azalea? Who's idea was it to record LITTLE MIX and GRL reject tracks?!

Why is Britney still being marketed like she's 19 years old? Larry and TB are stuck in the past and they need a serious wakeup call because at this rate it's going to kill Britney's career for good.

Why do they feel the need to scrap music videos that have substance (Perfume)? That are eye catching and more than just your basic pop girl video (Make Me)?

*** works well for Britney, but she needs to evolve. Glory is a step in the right direction. B10 needs to be experimental. Focus on getting critical praise, not mainstream and the record will fly off the shelves.

Beyonce has the critics so far up her *** that Lemonade was only up for sale and not streaming and that **** has pulled over a million copies sold in the US alone. Lemonade had no pop radio hits. It's singles were only played on urban stations and they maintained steady longevity.

If Britney purposely goes mainstream again (Femme Fatale 2), she's gonna be seen as desperate and generic. Another damaging career move.

"Why should we care about Britney Spears when we have The Chainsmokers already doing this and more popular on radio?"

So, I hope that the rumors are true that TB reads this forum and sees these posts because they need to be aware of what is actually going on...

My god, YES YES YES! :staysalty: and also, the fact that people here takes the time to see how she can improve is positive. There's people who've been for her since 2007 that had a LOT of dissapointments (from dancing, to singing, etc) yet they continued to support her, so i think, now that she recovered her energy and her attitude, is time for her to deliver quality (from dancing, to perfomances and singing) i don't think just because she enjoys what she's doing we should just keep getting those basic and boring choreos where is mostly walking, armography and recycled moves, lipsyncing ballads and other meltdowns. I completely agree that she shouldn't be forced, she should just enjoy, but i don't think is bad that finally Exhalers are standing up and asking for quality WE deserve. 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I Understand what you say, and I agree with most of it, I believe a great part of the decisions are from her team, even if she has some input, she's clearly not in full control, but there's a difference with demanding for quality than bashing without actually proposing something useful.
What I was talking about was Britney the human being, not the super hero almost everyone in the forum seems like they want her to be.

I know there's a lot of room for improvement and obviously her team is trying to do some damage control and also makeup for some of their mistakes, the truth is we don't know what is going to happen and obviously at the end of the day, we all want to see her succed again and to have great quality content again from her, but in my opinion the best we can do about it is to support what we think works and ignore what doesn't, there's no need to be so rude or stalking every single person that works for her as I've seen through some threads.

Also I wanted to point out that I'm from Mexico and in the city I live, I've listened to Make Me, Clumsy and Slumber Party on the radio, Have seen the video on TV even in a channel called Radioformula where they broadcast news as a commercial and people I wouldn't thought are going to watch her on POM in las vegas, so definitely they're working, maybe in some places more than others.

Kind of Off-Topic but wanted to share, now back to what I was saying...

I want to propose that we as fans make a formal petition or just a thread for her team, written in a civilized manner about what we think of their strategy, I think that something like that would actually work more than a million threads with cursing, bashing and messy messages... From what I've seen, the britney army has become like a bunch of annoying immature kids than the adults (the mayority of the fandom) we are. 

Archived