Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

My interpretation of "Man on the moon" *two love interests are involved*


PieceofBritney

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but since I heard this song I thought of someone in a bad relationship and wishing for their "man on the moon" Maybe I think of it this way because I had a very similar experience and the moment I heard it I thought of myself and how I felt during/and after of that relationship. 

Dark mascara dripping down my face
Only fools could ever feel this way
Send my message into outer space
Wonder if it's gonna float your way

I can't compete with the stars in the sky
I'm invisible, invisible
I open the window to clear out my mind
But it's difficult, so difficult

She and her boyfriend argued. For me, parties always ended in fights, when I was feeling insecure. She is unhappy but won't be able to leave the relationship or do anything about it. Coping with a bad relationship is very difficult. (listen to the rest of the song while thinking of this.)

Patience, darling, wait for the night
Darkness comes and love comes alive
I've been right here dreaming of you
Waiting for my man on the moon

In my relationship, all my fights ended up with ***. We always made up after ***. "Darkness comes and loves comes alive." But she is still dreaming of her "man on the moon" one that will save her from this relationship and this feeling.


Last night I was in your arms so strong
One small step and, baby, you were gone
Now there's meaning in the saddest songs
All I do is cry and sing along

When you love someone but you're unhappy, little things/words(one small wrong step) can cause huge fights, and if you're the one in love and desperate you'll end up crying and begging the other person to come back.

Drinking alone in my party dress
Would you come back if I looked my best?
Put on a smile and I said to myself  Patience, darling....

Would you come back if I pretended everything is okay, smiled, and never complained again? (the boyfriend)

 

I'm drunk and high. So yeah. 

it will be a great music video idea too I think. So relatable. 

Link to comment
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but since I heard this song I thought of someone in a bad relationship and wishing for their "man on the moon"

omg. I never really thought of MOTM this way. Maybe it's not about being lonely and waiting for your dream man to find you. Maybe it's about being in an abusive relationship, and wishing you could find a man to treat you right.

Any way, it's still a flawless song.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

omg. I never really thought of MOTM this way. Maybe it's not about being lonely and waiting for your dream man to find you. Maybe it's about being in an abusive relationship, and wishing you could find a man to treat you right.

Any way, it's still a flawless song.

Exactly ! It will also be a great idea for a music video I think. I love it so much more now though after this self-revelation. 

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, PBoy said:

I disagree, to me the song is about having an old lover back, and this is very clear at it:

Last night I was in your arms so strong
One small step and, baby, you were gone

Drinking alone in my party dress
Would you come back if I looked my best?

I knew mine is outside the norm though. But yeah, I wanted to share my point of view.

Link to comment

To me, Man on the Moon is a symbolism of romanticizing the past. Britney is missing her old lover, but it didn't work out between them. She isn't waiting for him to come back per se, but the perfect version of that person who would be right for her, a fantasy, her "man on the moon." It's about pining for the past while acknowledging what she is wishing for isn't realistic. I think it's a beautiful song and especially reflects on Britney's feelings about love. She is a romantic, she said herself when she loves she loves hard and with all of herself. I think it's about wishing unchangeable things could be different, about that bittersweet hope all romantics have that keeps them pushing on to find their own man on the moon no matter how many times they're knocked down. I love this song.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

To me, Man on the Moon is a symbolism of romanticizing the past. Britney is missing her old lover, but it didn't work out between them. She isn't waiting for him to come back per se, but the perfect version of that person who would be right for her, a fantasy, her "man on the moon." It's about pining for the past while acknowledging what she is wishing for isn't realistic. I think it's a beautiful song and especially reflects on Britney's feelings about love. She is a romantic, she said herself when she loves she loves hard and with all of herself. I think it's about wishing unchangeable things could be different, about that bittersweet hope all romantics have that keeps them pushing on to find their own man on the moon no matter how many times they're knocked down. I love this song.

You said it beautifully. That's nice.  I love this song too. 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block