Why does it seem like everyone in the industry is shady towards Britney?

Alleyesonus_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

I don't understand why they're praising Beyoncé so much, her album is full of samples and explicit lyrics :angietea:

Not long ago there were this totally irrelevant guy, that lived streamed with another guy and a girl, that thought it was well bad that Britney sang "******* crazy" in Slumber party. Let's be real, if it was someone else he wouldn't have said a thing.

It's just feels like everyone just has to complain about something...

1 minute ago, button said:

It's mostly based on success. Had Glory been more successful, she'd get better spots on the list. That's how it works.

It would have been shady if no songs of hers made the list tho.

Yeah but it shouldn't be based off success and Make me should've been on that list. 

it may sound harsh but in the eyes of the public britney just isn't seen as a respectable artist. she isn't known as a spectacular vocalist, she doesn't sing live, her performances now pale in comparison to those during her prime. she needs to undergo a reinvention if she wants to be respected as an artist in the industry today.

To be fair, music blogs aren't about music. It's one writer, or maybe a team that just sits down and sifts through popular songs of the year and puts them into a subjective list. There are plenty of factors that probably go into the decision like popularity, cultural impact, and politics. Beyonce is super political at this point and her type of music, and other trap-ish music has had a big impact this year- look at vine (not any more), or instagram, etc. and kids love it. Britney's music was great, so was Gwen's, and Carly Rae's (common uniting factor- all used the same producers), but they had little to no impact on online or offline culture unfortunately.

1 hour ago, -ididitagain- said:

it may sound harsh but in the eyes of the public britney just isn't seen as a respectable artist. she isn't known as a spectacular vocalist, she doesn't sing live, her performances now pale in comparison to those during her prime. she needs to undergo a reinvention if she wants to be respected as an artist in the industry today.

MFTE :clap: I said this the other day and was told I wasn't a fan, what I'm not a fan because I WANT Britney to be successful? Some members on this thread annoy the **** out of me

Why? The list of reasons is loooong...

1. Hasn't sung a 100% live note in at least a decade (When she has done it she does it over the track).

2. Not happy with lip syncing, does not even do pre-recorded vocals.

3. Lips to original studio versions from when she was 17.

4. Has been proved someone else was singing "her voice" in at least one of her albums.

5. Her shy/awkward personality makes most of her appearances uncomfortable (Car pool karaoke, Ellen appearances, interviews, etc) --- Londoney not incuded, for some reason she transforms there.

6. Does not even promote her own music (Even Glory performances started way too late).

7. Her performing attitude has improved from hell to heaven this year but still not even close to what she could do... watered down choreos that are not even well executed.

8. We know how protected she is from her team... they could not ask her a single relevant question for almost 10 years, and everything is still about POM and her boys. Media, producers, and everyone won't deal with her / her team's control. 

9. She is not interesting for media / ratings... it always starts with hype, then she goes to speak about rice and her boys and everyone gets disappointed so bad word of mouth comes along. 

10. Her edginess is not there anymore... for years the HT #NoBritneyNoVMAs happened. Then her final return happened and it was the MM performance we got... not a bad performance but not a freaking return to the stage that practically made her. Same for the rest with the first two years of POM, her "personal album", her performances, etc.

(I am not shading or hating, I love her but I am not delusional. In 2016, I love Britney for more personal reasons than for her artistry.)

Even during her prime those critics didn't respect her. She was always seen as a novelty act not an artist. Fast forward to today, whatever they said about her seems like reality. It doesn't help that everything seems so controlled. Even though we know Britney had a big role in the crafting of Glory she's still the lipsyncing pop tart to them.

although I was extremely happy with rolling stones Glory review when it came out.

2 hours ago, -ididitagain- said:

That's the issue, she doesn't even care if other people like her or not. (and yes, sadly, including her fans) She's matured and now she just does it because she wants to make music not to be a popstar and everything it implies. I (kind of) feel some empathy about it because, after being all of her life on the spotlight must be exhausting, she's just tired of that and she just does the things the way she thinks it's the best. Aside from her music, that's what I have learned from her, be true to yourself. 

19 minutes ago, Aveda_k said:

1. Hasn't sung a 100% live note in at least a decade (When she has done it she does it over the track).

2. Not happy with lip syncing, does not even do pre-recorder vocals.

3. Lips to original studio versions from when she was 17.

What's the difference between these three reasons? :squintney:

23 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of Britney's artistry is there behind the scenes. We've seen her playing piano, we've seen her sing Whitney Houston, we've heard all those countless unreleased tracks where she belts her heart and feelings out but nobody else sees that.

They only see the superficial Britney.

that's what makes me so angry. she's an all around artist and has so many talents...

it's disgusting to see her team not encouraging her to make the most of it. idk man, eversince she left jive i feel like people are out to manipulate her career. usually don't believe in conspiracy theories etc. but with britney there are so many example where i was like - wtf, is someone doing that deliberately, bc that's not what an experienced record company would do.

a few examples:

- "glory" release date... one week later and she would've landed another #1 album, instead of a #3 album.. WTF

- "make me..." video - why would anyone do that? WTF

- "glory" album artwork - i'm sorry but i've never seen shittier artwork than what britney's been getting eversince she went to rca.

- not performing at the AMAs when she has a new single out and her last didn't do so well... WTF

- not enough promo/exposure overall 

- 100% lipsync all the damn time - she's the only A-list artist who does that and I hate it bc I love her voice. this is smth the record company has control over but they don't care.

- no international promo whatsoever... a few tv interviews (along with horrible commentary at least in germany) don't mean **** and can make things worse (like in germany)... unfortunately her german record company always gives RTL the britney exclusives and then rtl ends up tearing her apart in every segment they air, always. WTF

- some of the outfits... i mean, they show her the stuff and she picks what she likes. but why even hire such shitty designers in the first place? she's a multi-millionaire! her record label is a major label - why can't anyone invest in some decent, 2016-looking stage outfits?!

and this is just the "glory" era... let's not even talk about BJ.

if you compare it to beyoncé's team, which sends out cease & desist letters to websites to make unfortunate looking beyoncé pics disappear, it really does seem like someone's out to destroy her legacy, which she worked for so hard and for almost all of her life.

12 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of Britney's artistry is there behind the scenes. We've seen her playing piano, we've seen her sing Whitney Houston, we've heard all those countless unreleased tracks where she belts her heart and feelings out but nobody else sees that.

They only see the superficial Britney.

Very true and it sucks that a song like Someday (I Will Understand) never got much attention, such a beautiful song that shows off her skills. As well as good unreleased tracks using her deep voice and songs like Baby Boy, All That She Wants/Remembrance Of Who I Am, Mona Lisa and Guilty which have deeper lyrics. I think she wanted to take more control and show she wasn't just a 'manufactured pop star' when she tried to make Original Doll. I feel like it was meant (to her) to be her breakout to be taken more seriously.

18 hours ago, -ididitagain- said:

This. 

She also does almost the bare minimum with everything these days. Companies don't want Stars that won't promote their products well. That is why she never does good collabs with products anymore. 

18 hours ago, -ididitagain- said:

They tolerate Rihanna and she can't sing and is a shitty performer, same can be said about Taylor Swift

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

This. 

She also does almost the bare minimum with everything these days. Companies don't want Stars that won't promote their products well. That is why she never does good collabs with products anymore. 

They tolerate Rihanna and she can't sing and is a shitty performer, same can be said about Taylor Swift

Archived