Glory was a mistake and here's why

ShadowTriumph

Umm no. I don't care about Selena or her filler album but Glory was not a mistake. She has to rebuild her career. Her next album will be less trendy IMO 

Umm no. I don't care about Selena or her filler album but Glory was not a mistake. She has to rebuild her career. Her next album will be less trendy IMO 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

I wanted her to create something new and not follow trends :icant2:

Me too. Britney always did this. She started bringing the teen pop back then she went to a more urban sound in Britney and critics didnt expect that from her at all when all her peers that came after her were still doing only pop songs.

Then with ITZ she made B&A big names, even madonna worked with him after Britney. With blackout she brought electropop back. After that, Gaga did the fame and so many popstars followed her trend. 

Then HIAM. She was the First mainstream artist to put dubstep into her songs. 

And now she is following Selena. I dont even have nothing against her, but i always loved how Britney took risks and make it right. how shes the one being followed, being bold and not playing "safe".

3 minutes ago, Arya said:

Me too. Britney always did this. She started bringing the teen pop back then she went to a more urban sound in Britney and critics didnt expect that from her at all when all her peers that came after her were still doing only pop songs.

Then with ITZ she made B&A big names, even madonna worked with him after Britney. With blackout she brought electropop back. After that, Gaga did the fame and so many popstars followed her trend. 

Then HIAM. She was the First mainstream artist to put dubstep into her songs. 

And now she is following Selena. I dont even have nothing against her, but i always loved how Britney took risks and make it right. how shes the one being followed, being bold and not playing "safe".

yes. I want her to collaborate with bloodshy & avant and danja they always make special songs for her. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

omg who cares if Glory flopped? Britney's almost 20 years into her career, it's safe to assume that she'll never be a chart force again. I'm glad Britney released an album like Glory. She's been releasing up-beat pop albums since 2007, Glory is a breath of fresh air.

This! :slayney: I'm so tired of other fanbases calling her Siri, and Glory finally showcases her voice rather than make her sound like a robot! :queenflopga2:

• Super Mods

So what you are saying is that she should've had Max Martin produce the whole album and make chart topping bland songs.

Sorry but she has been there and done that, at this point in her career she needs to show the public she is more than just a label bimbo and that she can be an actual artist and be creative. So **** sales, I don't care if she bombs with every album if she keeps producing gold like Glory and even better a whole album of Mood Rings. :carpoolney:

Britney always has and always will be a visual artist who relies on her beauty and *** appeal to sell.

The mistake was in the political fallout with David Lachapelle which saw the killer album artwork, promo images, and make me video - all scrapped - and replaced with substandard alternatives. That's being diplomatic.

The music is great. But she will need all elements of her next body of work to be cohesive and high quality in order to recapture the imagination of the public.

1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

This! :slayney: I'm so tired of other fanbases calling her Siri, and Glory finally showcases her voice rather than make her sound like a robot! :queenflopga2:

Exactly! Glory is (technically) her best album vocally since Oops! (tho I personally prefer her higher, breathier vocals on ITZ and Blackout). Plus Glory did an amazing job of ridding us of that awful Myah Marie scandal BJ presented. 

1 hour ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

yes. I want her to collaborate with bloodshy & avant and danja they always make special songs for her. 

I loved danja in BO and FL/SS and I even liked KTL but i dont know if hed be able to create smt as good as GM and BTI again. Same for B&A. Sometimes I feel that they already did everything amazing that they could together 

I like when she Works with New People like she did in Britney, ITZ, BO and Glory, her best albums imo. Only Ff she worked with the same People again and I still loved to death.

I want fresh People but i also want a New sound from Britney, a new trend for her. Its too much for ask? :ponderney:

1 minute ago, Arya said:

I loved danja in BO and FL/SS and I even liked KTL but i dont know if hed be able to create smt as good as GM and BTI again. Same for B&A. Sometimes I feel that they already did everything amazing that they could together 

I like when she Works with New People like she did in Britney, ITZ, BO and Glory, her best albums imo. Only Ff she worked with the same People again and I still loved to death.

I want fresh People but i also want a New sound from Britney, a new trend for her. Its too much for ask? :ponderney:

I would want an album full of bloodshy & avant and danja I don't care they slayed :gelis:

Archived