Glory was a mistake and here's why

ShadowTriumph

Gurl, rephrase the title of your post or you will be hardly dragged :forkit:

Anyways, I kind of agree with you. The album as a whole of course it wasn't a mistake. It's just there were external factors that affected its performance:

- the POM (which is her biggest limitation when it comes to promotion). This wasn't a time to release a complete album, maybe an EP was enough, not because it wouldn't be worthy but because it would be material that will never be promoted nowhere. It was basically predicted to be a BJ 2.0 in terms of promotion. 

-her brilliant management team standing out for its lack of promotion plans. 

I could go on and on but I'd sound repetitive and so negative as if the forum weren't negative enough :cutesybrit:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally what the **** are people thinking?

Not everything is about a number 1 album.

Britney is very proud of this album as she should be and it's been received really well by fans and critics and she's happy with the response.

She worked hard on it and you can hear it in her voice. The album is almost faultless.

You'd rather have another formula max martin album for what you hope will be a number 1 because apparantly you think you're

her manager as you are number obsessed - than an experimental, fresh album from Britney.

1 hour ago, ShadowTriumph said:

Yes, it contains AMAZING soothing songs and yes it is the best she's ever made, but it is still a mistake. Allow me to clarify:

Britney said she was heavily inspired by Selena Gomez's Revival album and the melodies of it . We can all here the similarities . However , what Britney missed is that Selena actually FLUNKED with Revival, she didn't sell much and it was a FAILED experiment.

Even Selena made a video saying that Revival Album was something she learned from and that she'll move past the failure of this album and that she'll avoid making the same mistakes again.

Britney, being known for dance music and party poppers, didn't have the chance to score a hit record with an album full of mid-tempos.

If even Selena, who is famous for mid tempo songs ( don't say she copied britney,yes she was inspired by her but in the 2010's she actually is the mid-tempo girl) failed, so Britney should have seen it coming

Revival had 3 top 10 singles and sold 800k WW is that considered a flop to you?:huh:

1 hour ago, ShadowTriumph said:

same

:sassybrit:I'm not saying that, Selena said that. GO check the interview in which she talks about how her album was a failure . Yes it flunked for  Selena's criteria . She is the number 1 followed instagram account, she is a new comer and all the new generation likes her. It flunked.

We want links/receipts:cutesybrit:

2 hours ago, ShadowTriumph said:

Yes, it contains AMAZING soothing songs and yes it is the best she's ever made, but it is still a mistake. Allow me to clarify:

Britney said she was heavily inspired by Selena Gomez's Revival album and the melodies of it . We can all here the similarities . However , what Britney missed is that Selena actually FLUNKED with Revival, she didn't sell much and it was a FAILED experiment.

Even Selena made a video saying that Revival Album was something she learned from and that she'll move past the failure of this album and that she'll avoid making the same mistakes again.

Britney, being known for dance music and party poppers, didn't have the chance to score a hit record with an album full of mid-tempos.

If even Selena, who is famous for mid tempo songs ( don't say she copied britney,yes she was inspired by her but in the 2010's she actually is the mid-tempo girl) failed, so Britney should have seen it coming

You're extremely delusional.

Revival wasn't a flop, she had 4 huge hits from it. :shameless:

Selena isn't the "mid tempo" girl, Revival was her first album that explored different kinds of pop other than uptempo dance. :weirdmeout:

Archived