Glory was a mistake and here's why

ShadowTriumph

Yes, it contains AMAZING soothing songs and yes it is the best she's ever made, but it is still a mistake. Allow me to clarify:

Britney said she was heavily inspired by Selena Gomez's Revival album and the melodies of it . We can all here the similarities . However , what Britney missed is that Selena actually FLUNKED with Revival, she didn't sell much and it was a FAILED experiment.

Even Selena made a video saying that Revival Album was something she learned from and that she'll move past the failure of this album and that she'll avoid making the same mistakes again.

Britney, being known for dance music and party poppers, didn't have the chance to score a hit record with an album full of mid-tempos.

If even Selena, who is famous for mid tempo songs ( don't say she copied britney,yes she was inspired by her but in the 2010's she actually is the mid-tempo girl) failed, so Britney should have seen it coming

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

I wanted her to create something new and not follow trends :icant2:

same

1 minute ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

You say Revival flunked but yet it was certified platinum in the US and sold 800K WW :weirdmeout:

Also how dare you try and come for Glory's weave :nicki2:

:sassybrit:I'm not saying that, Selena said that. GO check the interview in which she talks about how her album was a failure . Yes it flunked for  Selena's criteria . She is the number 1 followed instagram account, she is a new comer and all the new generation likes her. It flunked.

1 minute ago, ShadowTriumph said:

same

:sassybrit:I'm not saying that, Selena said that. GO check the interview in which she talks about how her album was a failure . Yes it flunked for  Selena's criteria . She is the number 1 followed instagram account, she is a new comer and all the new generation likes her. It flunked.

What interview though? I want a link :wannadie:

Plus Britney wanted Glory to be the way it is. More chill and melodic than her other releases so obviously Glory was a success when it comes to how Britney wanted it to be :truthtea:

1 minute ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

So how the f does that translate into Selena being the midtempo girl of the 2010s babe? 

because it was actually the first time in the 2010's in which a mid tempo song ruled the whole year. from 2010 till 2013 EDM ruled the charts, then from 2013-2015 it was such a shitty era tbh for music 

Just now, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

u're right, I never thought about it :bpo: thank god we didn't have myah and will.i.am for this album, pure britney :plzney: 

imagine if Myah was actually on the album . Her team didn't stop using her but just got smart at erasing any evidence omg :meltdown:

Archived