What's your move once she announces she extended vegas to 2019? POLL

Dynasty

If Britney extends POM to 2019 i will:  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Exacrlyyyy!!! People are too dramatic. It's also not to say she won't tour and do projects like jlo and Mariah in between.

an extension could also mean that she won't be in Vegas year long like how it was in the beginning of her residency. It could be like 2 sets of 2 month legs. Not only is she sharing the theater with jlo, she's got the Backstreet Boys, Lionel Richie there too.

Thats what I was thinking, thank you for understanding and not trying to jab me down. With so many residencies in that theater, her schedule would be spreadout throughout the year which allows her to produce more albums and do other things. This year shes done more than she did in years so she is definitely getting her game back and the residency is a way for her to fall back on and comfort zone. Shes getting more comfortable on stage and I like that vegas affords a stable life but to also let her breakout of her shell without the stress of touring. Shes still young and its obvious she has more things up her sleeve.

As someone who has loved her to death from the beginning, I think if she extends Vegas to 2019 then it is clear that she considers herself in the legacy phase of her career, and we are likely to see her go the way of Janet, Celine, or Mariah -- respectable outcomes, but not quite the peaks of a Madonna or Cher. I will always love Brit, but as someone who was around for every minute of Oops, Britney, In the Zone, Blackout, Circus, and Femme Fatale...the ride feels like it is about over. And quite frankly she is exiting the scene gracefully. Nothing about her seems desperate or contrived. She is universally liked in the industry, she is a more consistent performer than she has been in a decade, and she has some big career accomplishments, from BOMT to her two straight #1 Hot 100 debuts to her six #1 albums to her iconic music videos to Toxic to her VMA performances to the Circus comeback to a trailblazer with the Best Show In Vegas. It has been an amazing journey and her resilience will inspire generations of stars and fans.

If she can deliver one last killer album and one last big hit, like a Hung Up or We Belong Together or Believe, then her status as a Madonna/Cher-level legend will be assured. It has to be a song that explains to a new generation through the music what the last generation saw in her.

Honestly I was all for this residency before and after seeing her improve at performing I liked the idea of the first extension. 

But honestly, if 3 years of performing on the same stage in front of die-hard fans / loving audience cannot make her sing a verse live then that's all the improvement I'm going to expect. I don't see the point in it anymore. She got more comfortable on stage, she's improved to a certain point, she's now able to perform at award shows and festivals, that's all. For the most part, it's a half-assed dance show with no singing and no style. STILL not a Britney Spears show. 

I do want her to be happy so ultimately she can do whatever makes her happy. But as a greedy fan who wants to see my fave slaying, I'm over it. 

I've been a fan since I was 6 or 7, I'm 25 now and Britney is part of who I am. That said, she hasnt been my main fave since 2012. Sure I still buy her albums and would see her live if the oportunity came up but I'm done defending her and making up excuses. I've found everything Britney isnt giving me in other artists and that's ok.

16 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Some people here are dramatic af 

whats the big deal if she does extend? She can still do other things and we saw how Celine was able to tour, it seems as the years goes on, the contract seems to be a lot more flexible. I love how much it has done for her and this is something she has always dreamt of. Most of you guys just dont like it because it makes her look uncool but when has being a britney fan even in her prime been cool? I was always picked on a ridiculed even back then.

The last option tbh. I will always adore Britney and respect her, her rise and fall and her work in her prime days are such a huge inspiration! But I am not here for Britney ruining her legacy in Vegas. Her POM show is (for me) extremely boring and I have honestly never watched the full show. I'm not even excited about her live performances at other shows (Jingle Ball, etc) because I know it's going to be the same basic boring performance. 

I'll continue to support her music and buy it if it's any good obviously, and I'll always watch her old tours and interviews, but just won't stan for her current career. I will have to find a new chick to stan for too :boredashell:

Archived