Slumber Party is out of the hot 100

Rachel Green

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rico. said:

of course those festivals were not gonna help

it's one thing to discover an artist when you see them live for the first time and then want to support them, but everybody knows Britney and feel like she doesn't need the support

she needs to perform on TV so people can actually know the song and have more visuals to appreciate it

She doesn't need to perform anywhere but vegas. Every tv performance or performance that the GP sees is killing her career. People are NOT here for the lipsyncing and stiff out of sync moves. Especially the younger generation that isn't familiar with her past performances. She needs to just stay in Vegas until she wants to sing live or put more effort into her performances bc walking around the stage confused getting led by dancers isn't a good look 

to those saying that we are ungrateful you need to realise that it has nothing to do with us. it's more about her because seeing that an album she put a lot of hard work making and that can be considered one of the best and most mature albums of her career, flopping like that definitely doesn't make her completely happy.Surely we all know her career is not her priority anymore but i'm sure everyone wants their work -especially after taking time to finalise it in the best way- to be appreciated and rewarded. but at the same time it's mostly her fault for not doing the proper promo. we don't wanna see recycled vegas promo because literally it's both a waste of money and time if you end up doing promo for something different than your own work. i mean the fact that SP got so many views on Youtube and is doing good on radio means that it appeals to the GP but if you don't support it and make everyone know about it then her sales will be getting worse and worse

Guys, you need to realize that Britney's no longer at a point where she's gonna get a hit based on her name alone anymore. Those radio concerts were never going to make Slumber Party shoot up iTunes and Billboard. They're meant to get her in radio's good graces again. Plus with the Christmas freeze coming up, Slumber Party will continue to get small updates until the freeze is over. Once the freeze is over, THEN we'll see if the radio concerts paid off. Just be patient.

1 minute ago, WootsWow said:

Will there be any?:giggleney:

Maybe and if it's going to happen it won't be until January cause it's pointless to promote during the freeze (see Gaga struggling with MR on radio). She already did her thing with the festivals and the song is climbing steadily as a reward.

Hope it'll stick around this month and they start promoting it when it's in the top 30. :tiffanycries:

R.I.P Love Me Down, and all the chances you had as a third single, even thought they would probably ****** up again and go with Just Luv Me and do 3 midtempo songs in a row and ask someone to duet with like it would be a smart move or something, anyway...

S0g4PjT.gif

R.I.P Love Me Down 

2 hours ago, Body ache said:

Well maybe if you ******* actually bought the album instead of complain they would have put more dedication in their singles.

Im pretty sure 95% of this forum bought the album, Britneys fanbase has shrunk, and she completely lost any interest from the GP

5 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

Literally all you see on here is people freaking out, worrying and being extremely negative.

Just relax. Britney is happy :)

People forget Britney was completely written off as to ever having a career again. To me it is wonderful that she had a top 3 and a top 2 album in 2016 in the biggest music markets and sold like 700k with MM.

She's still a big name and she's doing great in Vegas.

Not sure why it is so hard to be happy for her when this is the best time in her life.

She finally has the balance she wanted.

THIS. Compare the peak chart positions of both BJ and Glory:

BJ:

US 4
AUS 12
CAN 7
FRA 21
GER 20
IRE 15
NZ 22
SWE 28
SWI 9
UK 34

Glory:

US 3
AUS 4
CAN 4
FRA 6
GER 3
IRE 1
NZ 8
SWE 12
SWI 4
UK 2

And just think, BJ was coming off of a widely successful era, while Glory was coming off of the not-so-great BJ era. Things are turning around, she's not irrelevant, she just needs to keep taking steps in the right direction. :bigkiss:

Archived