She Duets Because It Helps Her Anxiety?

Godney'sSweetCheeks

FF promo performances were messy AF and most of us know this was due to to anxiety, medication and lack of interest. 

BJ didn't have ANY promo performances - I don't think Vegas would've minded WB getting performed on national TV as it would've helped with POM sales. But maybe it was due to lack of time or lack of interest/confidence from Britney. 

Then for PG - she performed with Iggy on the BBMAs. 

Then for MM - she performed with G Eazy at the VMAs & IHeartRadio

Then for the festivals - she performed with Tinashe. 

I just feel like she's much more comfortable when she's not alone on stage. During POM with the exception of Perfume/Alien/Lucky - she has dancers on stage with her all the time so maybe that helps her relax. 

I realise she did the BBMAs 2016 on her own and nailed it, but I'll ignore that because it ruins my theory :umomg:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. I think she duets because she is forced to do it. Her discography knows she needs support from other artists to raise on the charts and have success on the radio/streaming. I think, that's the main reason why she is making too much features lately.

Yeah of course, she said this in interview pretty much.

It's scary performing on your own and we have followed her long enough to know that Britney doesn't like things being all about her.

Of course she has performed on her own before and nailed it like the bbmas but as we all saw from the start she was nervous and then warmed into it.

She's not a Beyonce who takes it all incredibly seriously and is very full of her own self importance.

Britney just wants to do her job and have fun and I think it's a little boring doing it on your own all the time.

Just like with working out she wants company there and just like on stage and in her videos she has her dancers there with her for the company and for the fun of working together.

18 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

Yeah of course, she said this in interview pretty much.

It's scary performing on your own and we have followed her long enough to know that Britney doesn't like things being all about her.

Of course she has performed on her own before and nailed it like the bbmas but as we all saw from the start she was nervous and then warmed into it.

I think she was referring to the Superbowl about having support on the stage, but I never heard it when talking about regular performances.

I read on a gossip site that Tinashe is really hungry to make an impact and she and her team are frustrated that it doesn't seem to be happening and that her team were the ones team who approached team Britney and Britney had no idea who she was. I most definitely wouldn't be surprised considering Britney called her Tinasha lol, but I didn't know her either until she started talking about Britney.

I think she definitely felt that way up til 2015. she DEFINITELY felt that way during 2011, you can tell by the fact she only agreed to perform with rihanna and nicki minaj at the bbmas. i dont blame her if she feels that way considering how she was trashed in 2007 and 2008 for her performance skills, but I think she is VERY close to getting over it. first she had to get her confidence back via Vegas, now she has to dip her toe in the water performing mostly solo, which explains the medleys and concerts she is throwing for all thede festivals.

Just now, lolo. said:

I think she was referring to the Superbowl about having support on the stage, but I never heard it when talking about regular performances.

It's more than that though.

We know Britney isn't a 'me, me, me' person. She's made it clear she just wants to have fun and I think that's why she does these duets.

As she has said - she's done so many videos etc that I think it's just about making things a bit more exciting for her. I think she feels awkward with the focus just all on her and that's why even when she is doing a solo she has her team of dancers/friends. She's a goofball at the end of the day who doesn't see herself like we do.

I think it's the same reason that she puts in a missy elliot number in her show and for most of that watches her dancers perform - she's not all about her.

The comment she made about wanting kids so that 'it's not about you anymore' always stuck with me.

I think it says a lot about her ego or lack of ego.

Archived