The saddest part about this fanbase aging...

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda agree, but she hasn't evolved as an artist either she's doing the same stuff as when she was 19/20 and tries to give this lollita look still today at her 35 years old.

I love **** Britney but she can pull it in a more mature way and not in a teenager awkward style....and I say it looking at her recent performances not talking about slumber party video or mm original video  :mybodyisready:

I'm an older fan (25) been around since day 1. And I guess I agree but it's hard when you stanned for someone and saw all the great things they were going to do and where their career would be and how they would progress musically. Only to see her not even be the type of performer she was it sucks a little bit. When other artists from her time have kinda conquered their own lanes (except xtina). Especially when you could see all the bad when it started happening and wished someone would have prevented it. But I know her older fans are definitely still happy she is around and happy she made it out of the industry hardships alive. It's just hard to let go of who we started stanning for.

21 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Glad I'm only 17 and part of the younger demographic then :foh:

No but really you do have a point and I agree. People on here all act like a bunch of grumpy old men just because something used to be different in their time :sassybrit:

Im 16 and I wish I was able to experience primeney but im happy I was alive to witness the slayage that is the slumber party music videos:milkney:

I don't think you intended to come across as offensive or rude but why is it suddenly fashionable or acceptable to be ageist these days especially within the gay community? This is only a small sliver of the larger piece of the pie. I only mention this because we're all mostly gay here. I'm over 30 (but not quite Brit's age) and on social media and certain apps I'm treated like a relic "nobody over 25 or 30" (yet they message me anyway) and when did getting passed 25 considered "old"? I've noticed that you can call a gay any name in the book or even wish death and he won't flinch but if you tell him he's old he flips his ****. That's the biggest word trigger ever. I don't mind getting older, I've earned my stripes and wouldn't want to be a teen or in my early 20s for love or money. I'm at a place where I know what I want and have learned so much about myself and the world.

I'm also not shy when it comes to technology. I love my phone and tablet. I do stream movies and love Netflix but streaming music isn't my thing. I only purchase maybe one or two albums a year and if I already have them why stream the same album digitally 24/7? All for something that equals zero impact on physical sales. I don't mind giving an album a listen on YouTube to determine whether or not I want to buy it but streaming something I already own is just a waste of my battery at this point. 

But why shame us older fans like we're the ones responsible for her declining sales? I'm pretty sure most of the Glory physical sales are from us older fans and say what you want but we're at least doing our part. Some of you act like we use dial up to connect to the internet and use old desktop tower computers with bulky box monitors and watch console tvs instead of wide screen flat screens. I still collect physical media and will continue to. I like having a real copy of my media. You can say it's nostalgia but that's part of being a fan too. We all harpen back to that day we became a fan or first discovered an artist so nostalgia goes hand in hand. But let's be serious for a second, Britney really was at her best back then. That's not just opinion that's fact. When we had live vocals, great dancing and REAL promo and get next to zilch (compared to the past) fans will take notice and will address it. And yes Britney has improved and I agree that she's a lot better of a performer than FFT but don't lie some of you thought FFT was an improvement! We're all a bit guilty of looking back, whether it's 5 years or 18. I just hope when you're in your 30s a kid online isn't going to shame you for not doing the latest craze. The best thing about getting older is giving less of a **** about what anyone else thinks.

Archived