Can we say this is the most she's danced while singing 100% live?

Sonyeri

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Passengerney said:

Imagine doing that for a full concert!!? It's too hard, her voice is not that strong and by strong I mean that it's shaky but that doesn't mean is not good. I love her voice, that's why I always say that she should sing only the ballads and pre-record the rest, i don't think it's that hard...:cutesybrit:

Yeah, and by this era she had improved. In the BOMT era she barely moved her arms and legs while singing 100% live. Here she was all over the placed.

I honeslty think she could have continued improving her technique but for some reason someone must have told her it was ok to lipsynch :lostney:

2 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

yeah this is probably it. except maybe Overprotected in Albany for DWAD

And aww at the backup singers doing the actions to "I played with your heart" :giggleney:

Good one but here she's singing with a track on the back. On snl it was only her (with the back-up singers like in both)

This is basically a formula for a perfect performance.

1. She had assistance from the back-up singers which helped her when doing the full choreography for the choruses. 

2. Then for the verses she didn't actually have a whole lot of choreography, just a few moves, but they were executed so fiercely and with such great timing that they still looked great, and thus she wasn't just standing there.

3. Then she saved her full-out choreo which really showcased her dancing abilities for the breakdown, as it had no singing component to worry about.

I understand it's not 2000 anymore, but I honestly don't get why this same format can't still be utilized. Like, in POM, she has so much choreo--way more than here--that she's just forced to concentrate on moving nonstop. Thus, not only can she not sing live at all even if she wanted to, but she doesn't even have the ability to execute each move to the fullest, as she's rushed getting from point A to point B for the entirety of the song.

Also, I remember she then also sang DLMBTLTK completely live for her second performance that night, and it was excellent, showcasing her full vocal abilities, since this performance couldn't do that. WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THIS!?!

Btw OP, I've seen this a million times in the past but it's been a while and I always forget how great it is, so thanks for posting!  

15 minutes ago, Rachel Green said:

Oopsney is so underrated. She delivered vocals, dancing and charisma :mhm: 

This. BOMT era obviously had perfect music videos and a couple of fantastic performances here and there, but Oops is when Britney elevated herself to a whole new level, and most importantly, became consistent--every performance slayed. Oops is what evolved Britney from just a "teen star" or potential "one-hit wonder" and into icon status.

9 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

This is basically a formula for a perfect performance.

1. She had assistance from the back-up singers which helped her when doing the full choreography for the choruses. 

2. Then for the verses she didn't actually have a whole lot of choreography, just a few moves, but they were executed so fiercely and with such great timing that they still looked great, and thus she wasn't just standing there.

3. Then she saved her full-out choreo which really showcased her dancing abilities for the breakdown, as it had no singing component to worry about.

I understand it's not 2000 anymore, but I honestly don't get why this same format can't still be utilized. Like, in POM, she has so much choreo--way more than here--that she's just forced to concentrate on moving nonstop. Thus, not only can she not sing live at all even if she wanted to, but she doesn't even have the ability to execute each move to the fullest, as she's rushed getting from point A to point B for the entirety of the song.

Also, I remember she then also sang DLMBTLTK completely live for her second performance that night, and it was excellent, showcasing her full vocal abilities, since this performance couldn't do that. WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THIS!?!

Btw OP, I've seen this a million times in the past but it's been a while and I always forget how great it is, so thanks for posting!  

You're welcome dalrling :bigkiss: I agree with everything that you said. She should have stuck to that formula. Notice also how after the breakdown, she dances no more because she's exhausted from it so she can only focus on the singing, which she executes very well. 

I also agree with the whole moving from an A spot to a B spot during the whole POM show. She doens't really have time to move around freely during the show. However, I guess it kinda makes sense because it would look so fake since she's not singing live (just like Perfume on POM looked) :embarrassney:

Archived