Keep It: Lifetime Shares New Photos From 'Britney' Biopic

Jordan Miller

this is tragic. i can already tell this movie will be a hot pile of dog **** just from the interview. that girl seemed fake AF & doesn't resemble Britney in the least bit. she doesn't have the charm, quirks, gestures, movements, ANYTHING. if you showed me any of those photos without any context I would just think they were random white people. lifetime should be ashamed.:beynah:

i will watch. i hope that it will trend like the aaliyah movie. people knew the movie was garbage but it got people talking & maybe that will help Britney's sales. a girl I worked with had no idea Britney had a new album out. she just thought Britney did a video with Tinashe :tiffsniffle:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way she could sue is if they portray something untrue/false and it harms her character in the public eye. This is called 'Defamation of Character'.

However, if they really are using Sam lufti and a couple other people as 'sources of information' then I imagine lifetime have covered their backs with contracts stating that Sam and the sources are responsible for giving true information and any lawsuits which may ensue are not lifetimes problem or responsibility 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, jennyj said:

"I think she'd really enjoy it"

Is she fk'n serious???  Britney and her team were trying to stop this ****, why would she enjoy it?  She's moved on from this ****, she doesn't need this to remind of her it (and of course a tacky imitation of it... only Britney knows what happened behind closed doors).

Legally - I'm surprised they are able to get away with this.  
There are two Britney Spears - the person, and the business (i.e. the trademarked brand her label uses).  If they did a movie with a random girl (not named Britney) and labelled it 'based on true events'... then maybe they could get away with it... but they are literally using her name, her relationships, and even her music (though not Britney's vocals, but that actress' tacky vocals).  Ugh, this is just disgusting.  I hope Britney will be ok, and if her team actually cared, they would be pulling out the big legal guns, but we all know her team sucks.

If Aaliyah's family wasn't able to stop it, why would you think Britney's team can? Its gonna be a waste of time and money on their end that most likely they wont win.

Archived