Rolling Stone Chooses Britney Spears's "Clumsy" As One Of The Best Songs In 2016

Jordan Miller

Just now, A.D. said:

I love the "but I love how you go down, head first then slide it out" bit cause ain't nothing like a good foreplay before penetration :hipney:

The pre-chorus is really good but the verses and the actual chorus leave A LOT to be desired :forkit:

Its Candy 2.0 17 years later when Mandy moore isnt even a Singer anymore :byebitch:

Hey, I wrote an essay yday when u asked me when I started hating bleach, so when I tried to send it, it did say "u cannot reply, ure not allowed" or some bullshit like that. Obviously jordanna deleted the topic or merged with another, who knows :nyheadache:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! good for clumsy! 

tbh i like that it mixes like a 'showtune' vibe with an edm drop. it reminds me of like, gospel choir or a song that would be in the movie 'burlesque' 

it's pretty awesome, as far as edm songs go! 

HAAAYYYY CLUMSY!!! WHOOOAAAA-WHOAAAAA. 

3 hours ago, PokéSpears said:

the irony :cutesybrit:

well, they listed How I Roll in 2011, didn't they? So it's great that at least they listed a track from Glory I guess...

Right now Larry be like, I told you so :foh:

Maybe he paid for that 34 spot :P

I like HIR :jlostare:

I just looked at the remainder of the songs on the list...and it appears all of the choices were unjustifiably stupid.

Like, they picked Ariana's "Side to Side" rather than "Dangerous Woman" or "Into You." I don't even consider myself a fan of hers, but I have ears and therefore know the latter two are really solid pop songs, while the former is extremely generic and lacking in quality.

And Fifth Harmony as the #8th best song of the entire year? :eheeek: 

And don't even get me started on "Formation." It seems as though critics are conflating great visuals/strong political commentary with GOOD MUSIC. An artist can certainly have all three elements, but the reality is, Beyonce only has the first two down at this time. This song is simply bad and rather grating to listen to. In fact, everything she released with Destiny's Child is sonically superior to "Formation." Like, it'd honestly make more sense to re-release "Say My Name" sans Michelle and Kelly, and then give that the #1 ranking.

All of this begs the question: what the **** happened to the credibility of Rolling Stone?

These lists are preposterous. I place clumsy in the bottom three from the album and so do most fans.  Apart from the vocals in the bridge, it's really an awful addition to the album.  The chorus is terrible (heyyy clumsy? Wtf) and the bassline is beyond generic. Has Rolling Stone lost all credibility? 

5 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I just looked at the remainder of the songs on the list...and it appears all of the choices were unjustifiably stupid.

Like, they picked Ariana's "Side to Side" rather than "Dangerous Woman" or "Into You." I don't even consider myself a fan of hers, but I have ears and therefore know the latter two are really solid pop songs, while the former is extremely generic and lacking in quality.

And Fifth Harmony as the #8th best song of the entire year? :eheeek: 

And don't even get me started on "Formation." It seems as though critics are conflating great visuals/strong political commentary with GOOD MUSIC. An artist can certainly have all three elements, but the reality is, Beyonce only has the first two down at this time. This song is simply bad and rather grating to listen to. In fact, everything she released with Destiny's Child is sonically superior to "Formation." Like, it'd honestly make more sense to re-release "Say My Name" sans Michelle and Kelly, and then give that the #1 ranking.

All of this begs the question: what the **** happened to the credibility of Rolling Stone?

I said that on some thread. DW is far superior than flopation. It seems way more mature than Taylors and rihanna's singles too. and I wont even get started on FH. That song is pure trash and is making to every damn list.

2 hours ago, A.D. said:

I love the "but I love how you go down, head first then slide it out" bit cause ain't nothing like a good foreplay before penetration :hipney:

The pre-chorus is really good but the verses and the actual chorus leave A LOT to be desired :forkit:

The chorus is ******* embarrassing. 

Archived