Rolling Stone Chooses Britney Spears's "Clumsy" As One Of The Best Songs In 2016

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-glory-review

Oops!

It stung when Time listed Glory promotional cut "Private Show" as one of the worst songs of 2016, but it's equally distressing that Rolling Stone listed "Clumsy" as one of the best this year.

The music giant put out their list of the 50 Best Songs of 2016, which includes Nicki Minaj's "Black Barbies" (#49), Miranda Lambert's "Vice" (#31), Lady Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" (#28), Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj's "Side to Side" (#22), Rae Sremmurd & Gucci Mane's "Black Beatles" (#10) and Solange's "Cranes in the Sky" (#7).

They also listed Britney Spears's "Clumsy" at #34, despite a dozen other impeccable songs off the pop princess' recent LP that deserve the spotlight, like "Make Me," "Slumber Party," "Liar," "Love Me Down," "Mood Ring" etc etc. No shade to the Felder and Alex Nice-produced electro banger, but it's one of the weakest records on the LP due to it failing to connect with her fanbase.

They also chose Beyonce's "Formation" as the best song of the year.

Rolling Stone's Top 5 songs of 2016:
5. Kanye West, "Ultralight Beam"
4. David Bowie, "No Plan"
3. Drake feat. Wizkid, Kyla, "One Dance"
2. Frank Ocean, "Ivy"
1. Beyoncé, "Formation"
See the full list here.

LITERAL MOOD:

nygqc0.gif
Do you agree?
  • Replies 131
  • Created