Why did the Britney (2001) album singles not have the support of the radios?

e-mailmyheart

2 minutes ago, Kamikazee said:

If they just declined them at the start it wouldn't have been so bad. But they first agreed and then kicked them out when Pepsi stepped in. :orangu: Ofc they were gonna be salty as ****.

Oh really? They accepted and then kicked them out? is that even possible? Isn't there a legal contract whatsoever? 

They were mad :orangu: 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rachel Green said:

Oh really? They accepted and then kicked them out? is that even possible? Isn't there a legal contract whatsoever? 

They were mad :orangu: 

That's what I heard. I mean maybe I'm wrong, but if they blacklisted her because she didn't accept their offer they're stupid as ****.

I know Britney sued them and won some money after that tho, and they're not allowed to do that again.

4 hours ago, button said:

Of course the era was a success, the album sold very quickly (745k first week in the US) and ended up with 11M WW.

The tour was also very successful. 54M $ gross for a 2002 tour is huge, the touring climate was different back then.

The singles weren't successful on the charts because of the radio ban (no airplay) + not releasing physical CDs. Who cares tho, the goal is selling albums after all and she did just that. :sassybrit:

And even without radios, slave was a hit. Its remembered till this day. The video, the looks, the choreography, vmas performance and so on.

3 hours ago, Kamikazee said:

Btw if you're wondering why did MATM underperform, and it was fucken QUEEN OF POP WITH THE PRINCESS OF POP COLLAB, it was because both of them were being banned at the same time :orangu:

**** radio, just like Kanye said.

And the song was a big hit everywhere but in the USA lol

Archived