Listening to BLACKOUT

sibode

I was listening to Blackout this morning while I was arriving to work...

[It isn't a comparison with Glory]
I think the quality of Blackout is unreachable tbh... If it was released in 2016 it would have been HUGE!

2007 wasn't ready... it was too futuristic, but POP EDM started from that album.
Rihanna, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Lorde... Blackout was the origin.

FREAKSHOW, PIECE OF ME, GIMME MORE, GET NAKED, TOY SOLDIER, PERFECT LOVER....
(I'm even starting to appreciate WHY SHOULD I BE SAD)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sibode said:

I don't get WHAT CHANGED!

Why do Circus, Femme Fatale, Brenda Joanne, Glory (not sure bout this one) not have this quality/strength?

Can't believe it's all about Danja tbh... Maybe she was more... FREE?

I believe she initiate the project with B&A who produced Toxic and a bunch of great songs, then she called Pharell herself because she loved Boys so much. Pharell hooked her with Danja, it was not Danja alone who produced the album. She just called people she likes to work with herself and somehow it worked well. 

30 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

were you here then? It was chaos here. The time of its release also makes it special. There was no instagram, facebook twitter **** back then it was our only reliable insight into her life. I'll always love blackout. 

I was here even though I didn't have an account. Ppl were beyond mean here at that time. 

I think it's a great album. My 3rd fav but it didn't have this crazy impact like ppl claim it did, most ppl don't even know about it. 

8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I was here even though I didn't have an account. Ppl were beyond mean here at that time. 

I think it's a great album. My 3rd fav but it didn't have this crazy impact like ppl claim it did, most ppl don't even know about it. 

it lost its opportunity to shine tbh. it deserved way better. I became a stan ending of ITZ(stopped being stan and came back again at the beginning of blackout I guess. I was obsessed since the ending of Britney era but I wasn't obsessed like seeing every candid and stuff like I was during blackout. 

1 minute ago, PieceofBritney said:

it lost its opportunity to shine tbh. it deserved way better. I became a stan ending of ITZ and beginning of blackout I guess. I was obsessed since the ending of Britney era but I wasn't obsessed like seeing every candid and stuff like I was during blackout. 

I watched 2007 but it was really sad. I remember when my mom was ordering tickets for circus and when I first saw circus tour I cried because I seriously thought she wouldn't make it. If so never tour again 

6 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I watched 2007 but it was really sad. I remember when my mom was ordering tickets for circus and when I first saw circus tour I cried because I seriously thought she wouldn't make it. If so never tour again 

the night they took her to hospital everyone was here awake waiting for news ....so many people. I wonder where most of those people are now. Do they miss Britney or they completely moved on....I was about to then Glory came out and sucked me back in.

1 minute ago, PieceofBritney said:

the night they took her to hospital everyone was here awake waiting for news ....so many people. I wonder where most of those people are now. Do they miss Britney or they completely moved on....I was about to then Glory came out and sucked me back in.

I never felt like moving on. I do get frustrated though. Britney is one of the few consistent things that make me happy. Her music and personality outshine everyone else imo 

Archived