Chart performance, videos, singles...we're all forgetting one important thing.

soforlaters

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soforlaters said:

You don't think this team knows how to build hype? We've seen it many times 2009 with Circus 2011 with Femme Fatale. Britney Jean was a misfire. This time they are focusing their efforts not on commercial successes but award success. If you read into the build-up: Britney describing it as "artsy-fartsy" Songwriters noting her skills. 

Trust me, Glory will be a Grammy winner. 

Lol FF was successful, she had 3 ww hits and yet she was nominated for nothing. She is no Rihanna. I mean, Rihanna got one for only girl in the world so easily Britney could have get one for HIAM, but they hate her. I mean, she even Lost on the new artist category.

Britney could Record an unplugged album and do a live version of Circus on it and yet she wouldnt Win ****.

7 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

I honestly think that Glory has a really nice potential at winning or being nominated for a Grammy on the production & editing side.. off tv of course. 

Yea, I'm not claiming "best vocal performance" or anything. I think this will be a nomination. Then next year, for the 60th Grammy Awards....

On 29/11/2016 at 5:59 AM, soforlaters said:

The Grammy Awards. 

This album is made for it. 

Mark my words. This album will win Britney's second Grammy award. 

Is there any objectivity at the Grammys?

Then yes.. "Glory" could win one grammy...This album is mature pop.Mature Britney.

But I dont think there is objectivity anywhere in the system so...I'm not seeing this happening

2 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

In between the massive success of other female popstars and the underwhelming success of Glory I just can't see it happening. If she didn't get one for In the Zone (the one for Toxic is a hit song, which we don't have on Glory either) or Blackout, she's not getting one now.

True.

Are Grammy's biased awards or do they nominate quality work? I mean do they choose their nominees by only looking at their sales? Cause I don't understand how could Lemonade get a nomination but I still know it will get one just because it's a visual album and it had all this fuzz around it. :sassybrit:

LOL no ******* way. The Grammys arent even gonna nominate her. They don't nominate flops unless you're some artistic nobody like Norah Jones or Esperanza Spalding.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy your awards now too considering how much Beyonce has won, and Britney does not believe in credit card debt.

10 minutes ago, Charbok said:

Are Grammy's biased awards or do they nominate quality work? I mean do they choose their nominees by only looking at their sales? Cause I don't understand how could Lemonade get a nomination but I still know it will get one just because it's a visual album and it had all this fuzz around it. :sassybrit:

Biased as ****. Mariah has 5, Beyonce has 20.

Led Zeppelin, the people who created classics like Stairway To Heaven, didn't even win ONE so they had to give them a Lifetime Achievement Award years later.

56 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

Biased as ****. Mariah has 5, Beyonce has 20.

Led Zeppelin, the people who created classics like Stairway To Heaven, didn't even win ONE so they had to give them a Lifetime Achievement Award years later.

I'm sorry but HOW THE ************* **** does Beyoncé have 20 Grammy's ? I mean COME ON ***** has a few decent hits and like a decent album or two, but ARE THEY ******* SERIOUS ? 

19 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I'm sorry but HOW THE ************* **** does Beyoncé have 20 Grammy's ? I mean COME ON ***** has a few decent hits and like a decent album or two, but ARE THEY ******* SERIOUS ? 

These days she gets Grammys just for showing up. One year she won for Halo, then the next year she didn't have any songs so they made up an entire category so that they could just nominate a live performance of Halo, and give her a brand new Grammy for Halo (Live).

She must pay them an exorbitant amount every year from Jay-Z's credit card.

Damn, oh well. I was SUPER WRONG.

Sometimes, I feel as though Britney is like a TV show I really love that no one else watches and I want everyone in the world to watch one episode and give it try. But no one does.

I've read all the comments on this thread and I am also astounded at the amount of recognition Beyonce has received. Luckily, for everyone who loves Britney, we can always hold solace in the fact that she doesn't pay off or coerce songwriters for her writing credits. 

That said, the Led Zeppelin anecdote gives me faith Britney will someday earn the critical recognition she deserves. 

I will never claim Britney is the best songwriter (even though I love all of the songs she has a REAL credit for) or that she deserves accolades for her voice. But Britney, is a master at having a vision and finding the people to make it happen. She becomes a muse. 

Archived