Glory fails to make Rolling Stone's year end list

Guest Basquiat

58 minutes ago, MX3 said:

what a ****** joke. man, they had a '50 greatest debut albums' list recently and BOMT wasnt included and i was like FLOOOPPPPPP

I bet DIL by Beyoncé was on it :byebitch:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MX3 said:

what a ****** joke. man, they had a '50 greatest debut albums' list recently and BOMT wasnt included and i was like FLOOOPPPPPP

Seriously?? That's a crime! If not a list encompassing all styles of music, then it should at very least top a pop list.  I used to be such a huge fan of Rolling Stone and then they just went so downhill. No magazines or radio are supporting Britney anymore. And it's so sad because she is a real treasure. 

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That generic *** R&B and people have the nerve to claim BOMT is basic. :staysalty:

BOMT is basic (although I love crazy remix and I Will be there til this day) and so is bleach, but Britney was 15/16 years old when she recorded that album and she had no imput whatsoever :queenflopga:

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

With regard to this list: they seriously paid dust to the pop records of this year. Aside from the "Glory" snub, there is also no "Dangerous Woman," "Joanne" or "This Is Acting."

And further more, failing to place David Bowie's "Blackstar" in the #1 spot is simply egregious.

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well, not only did Kanye himself make this very list at #8, but he actually also has more Grammys than Beyonce does. Thus, I am entirely convinced his paranoid ramblings are the sad result of ubiquitous, scientifically-validated neuropsychological chemical imbalance, rather than some vast, fictitious conspiracy involving devil worship.

He said that Beyonce wouldn't perform at the VMAs unless MTV gave her the video of the year award...I think that's true 

16 minutes ago, CaliSky said:

seriously? 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2016-w451265/beyonc-lemonade-w451266

1. Beyoncé, 'Lemonade'

Beyoncé, 'Lemonade'

"Girl, I hear some thunder" – damn, that's putting it mildly. Beyoncé shut everyone else down this year with a soul-on-fire masterpiece, testifying about love, rage and betrayal that felt all too true in the America of 2016. The queen not only made the album of the year (and make no mistake, David Bowie would have been the first to say so), she delivered a confessional, genre-devouring suite that feels larger than life yet still heartbreakingly intimate, because it doubles as her portrait of a nation in flames. She dropped Lemonade as a Saturday-night surprise after her HBO special, moving in on every strain of American music from country ("Daddy Lessons") to blues-metal ("Don't Hurt Yourself") to post-punk-gone-Vegas dancehall ("Hold Up") to feminist hip-hop windshield-smashing ("Sorry"). Even with "All Night" as an ambiguous resolution, it's a whole album of hurt, which is why it especially hit home after the election. Beyoncé speaks on how it feels to get sold out by a lover – or a nation – that fooled you into feeling safe, how it feels to break free of a home built on lies. The question of whether it's singing about Jay Z is moot because, unfortunately, it turned out to be about all of us. But thanks to Bey's sheer fire-breathing musical power, Lemonade was a sign of hope amid all the emotional and political wreckage. Ashes to ashes. Dust to sidechicks. And woe to any fool who tries to interrupt her grinding. R.S.

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

This makes me wanna cry :decisions:

I'm so ******* tired of everyone kissing that overrated ******* *** :nochillbrit:

What's so great about that dumb album anyways? There's plenty of albums that came out this year far superior to her silly excuse for music :jlostare:

Preach!

Archived