How Brit can respond to Glory flop

Cbrit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that that yeah she has to reevaluate her career if she wants to continue with it.

However I don't agree with much else. She has released her best album in a decade, she is performing better than she has since '04 and she promoted this album more than her last 2 albums combined.

The issue is that she has boxed herself in as an artless nostalgia act. Even when her songs are bang on trend they're still not connecting. Over 100million people have seen her combined video output this era, from BBMA, carpool, MVs, VMAs, Ellen etc etc and her album and singles are literally no where to be found. It's been a slow decline in her popularity, but she has been on a delayed Xtina path for a while now.

She needs a huge reconnection with the public and branding overhaul and I'm just not sure she wants to do that.

I say just enjoy the music and happy Britney we have while it lasts!

:carpoolney:

The fact that she is already publicising that she is back in the studio speaks volumes.

She also says she doesn't know what her next sound will be ... which suggests there's going to be another departure from Glory.

She's not an idiot - Slumber Party video if nothing else is Brit trying to make up for Make Me by giving us a sure-fire high quality video. 

I don't think she will let the album cover, lead single video debacle happen again. I reckon she'll come back with a new sound, new image (I hope she changes her hair), and the dancing will be even stronger! :)

On 29.11.2016 at 1:01 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

So because Britney doesn't wear purple or a wet t-shirt all throughout the era, that means it's not going to do well? Nope.

I actually enjoy the fact that her single covers are unique to each other and not just photos from the album booklet with the same font in everyone.

The issue with Britney is that there's no spark in her performances anymore. Britney with every era would always do something new and eye catching and now it's just monotonous because everything is just an incarnation of the Vegas show. It's gotten stale. She hasn't had a real attention grabbing performance since the Circus era.

She slayed iheart and vma tho:mybodyisready:

She used to be one step head from other artist in POP, bringing new sounds to pop mainstream (in the zone, blackout, femme fatale, even  half of circus), also she always delivered iconic music videos, she doesnt need to perform live, just impose a new trend before anyone and really good music videos.

britney jean should never have happened.

and glory was her redemption in music quality to her fans.

in b10 she needs to get back on top because she deserves it as the new queen of pop.

She needs to stop doing these POM performances everywhere. She needs to promote her new songs and not just her old stuff. She makes herself look like an old, nostalgia act and that makes it hard for younger people to connect with her. I'll never get why they decided to promote Glory with POM everywhere unless they only care about POM and don't care about her albums flopping. 

Archived