How Brit can respond to Glory flop

Cbrit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

I agreed with everything but this. I want to her try, in her own way, not by listening to other people. And her face has nothing to do with any of this. 

Well, I do agree with you, but I mean, her upper lip in Slumber Party was out of control. When I first watched it, it seemed as though she wasn't even miming the words to the first lines outside the mansion, because she could barely move her upper lip because of the botox. Sorry, I love Brit, and if this is what she wants, sure. But I think she did not at all need the plastic surgery in the first place to begin with, especially not in her flawless face tbh...

17 minutes ago, AmberLouise said:

She needs new, younger management - who know the industry and know how to handle a brand. People don't like mediocre **** and that is all team Britney has delivered. Also people are over the whole comeback excuse. 

Even Britney! She corrected a interviewer when they asked her how she felt about coming back... the media coddles her like she's still unstable sometimes

6 hours ago, Dynasty said:

the problem is those two things are connected, if she sells bad (and she is for the last 4 years) RCA will deny investing in her, they are one of the worst companies to have a contract with out there, you do realize they didnt even wanna release christinas second single from lotus because her album sales and single sales were shitty?  If Britney keeps underperforming, the next time we hear an album from her will be when RCA decides they should try selling Brit again, which will be in 10 years.

That wasn't even the problem with Lotus, the ***** never got off her fat *** to promote Your Body, so that tanked (like her scale) and then instead of Let There Be Love or Red Hot Kinda Love they release that boring as hell country ballad with Gwen Stefani's boyfriend. :sofedup:

I don't think any of her album campaigns have presented a cohesive and well thought out theme in terms of image. I hope she works on that.

If she also worked on at least singing verses live whilst the chorus is a backing track.... that would be pretty massive.

I don't agree that Brit doesn't give a **** about her success and will phone in another record.

She wants success - there's no way she'd push through the work and promo for Glory if she didn't.

But she is having trouble navigating what is required of her given the landscape of pop and where she is at in her career. I think she will learn from Glory that she needs to dig deeper to sell alongside her peers. She will recognise the need to prioritise all components of her art. She can't just look **** as in Slumber Party. She needs to look fresh, offer greater growth musically, she needs to show some live vocal talent... she needs to captivate and fascinate with her releases. I believe the next record will be a turning point.

1 hour ago, Cbrit said:

I don't think any of her album campaigns have presented a cohesive and well thought out theme in terms of image. I hope she works on that.

If she also worked on at least singing verses live whilst the chorus is a backing track.... that would be pretty massive.

I don't agree that Brit doesn't give a **** about her success and will phone in another record.

She wants success - there's no way she'd push through the work and promo for Glory if she didn't.

But she is having trouble navigating what is required of her given the landscape of pop and where she is at in her career. I think she will learn from Glory that she needs to dig deeper to sell alongside her peers. She will recognise the need to prioritise all components of her art. She can't just look **** as in Slumber Party. She needs to look fresh, offer greater growth musically, she needs to show some live vocal talent... she needs to captivate and fascinate with her releases. I believe the next record will be a turning point.

Um no lol.

...Baby One More Time, Britney and Circus had all well placed themes / images.

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Um no lol.

...Baby One More Time, Britney and Circus had all well placed themes / images.

Okay... go look at the circus and singles artworks.

then go look at the album and singles artwork for light years, fever, confessions etc then go watch the videos for all of the above.

Britney has never marketed herself  as a cool brand using cohesive fashion, iconography, art etc

its always a hodgepodge, stick Britney on the cover it will sell approach...

she can do a LOT more to be up there with her peers when it comes to making statements visually AND musically.... and I'm just saying... I think next album we will see a change :-)

1 minute ago, Cbrit said:

Okay... go look at the circus and singles artworks.

then go look at the album and singles artwork for light years, fever, confessions etc then go watch the videos for all of the above.

Britney has never marketed herself  as a cool brand using cohesive fashion, iconography, art etc

its always a hodgepodge, stick Britney on the cover it will sell approach...

she can do a LOT more to be up there with her peers when it comes to making statements visually AND musically.... and I'm just saying... I think next album we will see a change :-)

So because Britney doesn't wear purple or a wet t-shirt all throughout the era, that means it's not going to do well? Nope.

I actually enjoy the fact that her single covers are unique to each other and not just photos from the album booklet with the same font in everyone.

The issue with Britney is that there's no spark in her performances anymore. Britney with every era would always do something new and eye catching and now it's just monotonous because everything is just an incarnation of the Vegas show. It's gotten stale. She hasn't had a real attention grabbing performance since the Circus era.

I agree... I'm just saying there's more she could do to bolster her connection .. getting a message out there.

I'm not just talking about what she's wearing. Hair, makeup everything. Look at Taylor and 1989, look at Rihanna, Katy...

Outside her performances there's a lot more she could do to captivate with her art... but I agree her lacklustre performances are a factor too...

15 minutes ago, KingSlay said:

It's the general public's opinion of her that have caused Glory's underwhelming performance... because she never sings live, people think she's incapable of doing so..

And the fact that there's no high energy dance break or any of that Primeney swagger anymore. She kinda just whips her hair and moves her arms faster now, the GP has caught onto the fact that Britney is not performing like she used to and it's showing.

Archived