Glory's Sales Aren't THAT Bad.....

chaceypoo

8 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Kinda agree with you, but please let's not drag an amazing album that was FF into this. It was her last commercially successful (and critically acclaimed) and singles slayed. So pls stop.

It was alright success wise but I'm talking about the impact of the album on her brand. I'm talking about the aftermath. I'm not saying the album isn't good but "Britney releasing trendy dance pop music in 2011" didn't do anything positive for her. Yes, people enjoyed the singles but it didn't give substance or raise interest in her as an artist. And the bad performances didn't help her image either.

But of course, Britney Jean is the bigger "criminal". :sipney:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, button said:

Do I really have to point out Beyoncé or P!nk who are also 20 years in? It's not a valid excuse, stop finding comfort in it. Britney Spears is supposed to outsell "Selena Gomez" and "Demi Lovato". Ariana Grande (906k) doesn't have a year on Glory. Her album was released in May.

It's not a problem of career length. It has to do with her brand which was damaged by Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Glory was bound to suffer but we can't deny that it is selling very very badly.

Hopefully, Slumber Party and a 3rd single will help it match those rookies' sales at least. Then B10 must outdo theirs if Glory serves it purpose right.

Pretty much. Not to mention Madonna's RH and Celine Dion's French album outselling Britney as well.

13 hours ago, button said:

No that's not true, Rihanna sold 1.38M WW, Ariana is at 900k and will cross 1M and she isn't her counter part. Same for Lovato and Selena. They sold way more and they're not even her counter parts. She's supposed to outdo them by quite a margin.

Nicki hasn't released an album since 2014 and Kesha since 2012. :rude2me:

Bless you.  You're comparing albums that have been out for more than a year.  I'm comparing first week sales.  You need your fan card revoked.

43 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Bless you.  You're comparing albums that have been out for more than a year.  I'm comparing first week sales.  You need your fan card revoked.

You were talking about first week sales? I thought you were talking about totals. Those albums sold more than Glory did in their first 3 months anyways and either way their total will remain superior unless the 2nd single is a hit. Hopefully.

By the way, Ariana's album was released in May this year. She had a better first week and she's at 906k.

Don't touch my stan card plz :sipney:

11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Fans need to stop comparing Oops sales to Glory sales. Albums don't sell the way they used to, remember that. But I do agree Glory deserves more sales but her shitty team aren't promoting it, there promoting POM :britstare:

Oops? No one went that far :nonono:

http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/732524-glorys-sales-arent-that-bad/&do=findComment&comment=15719443

1 hour ago, button said:

You were talking about first week sales? I thought you were talking about totals. Those albums sold more than Glory did in their first 3 months anyways and either way their total will remain superior unless the 2nd single is a hit. Hopefully.

By the way, Ariana's album was released in May this year. She had a better first week and she's at 906k.

Don't touch my stan card plz :sipney:

Why the hell would I compare albums from different years?  What kind of sense does that make?  Some of you look for **** to complain about, I swear.  You're not a fan.  You're just bored without a decent hobby.

10 hours ago, button said:

It was alright success wise but I'm talking about the impact of the album on her brand. I'm talking about the aftermath. I'm not saying the album isn't good but "Britney releasing trendy dance pop music in 2011" didn't do anything positive for her. Yes, people enjoyed the singles but it didn't give substance or raise interest in her as an artist. And the bad performances didn't help her image either.

But of course, Britney Jean is the bigger "criminal". :sipney:

Oh, my bad. :ohnoney: But Britney kind of started making dubstep commercial with HIAM cause every other song after that had a dubstep part in it (Rihanna, Beyonce, Flo Rida, etc...) and it was a big part of the whole FF album. Even Skrillex said we should thank her for incorporating it into the commercial music. But the trend quickly became very popular with everybody trying it and people quickly forgot she was the first.

So I disagree, she wasn't really releasing trendy dance pop music, she was trying something new that later exploded in pop world. Singles were very well received. But I agree that her bad performances started to mess with her image. From then on people started seeing her as a half-*** performer and it's so sad that we all know she's capable of being on the top if she only wanted to.

14 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Why the hell would I compare albums from different years?  What kind of sense does that make?  Some of you look for **** to complain about, I swear.  You're not a fan.  You're just bored without a decent hobby.

You're also comparing first week sales from different "years", and that's anything but making sense. Even moreso than comparing totals.

Glory stopped selling anyways, it's fair to compare the totals, it's not something absurd. It did just 5k this week, it's not going to catch up. You can wait 1 or 10 years, it won't change. Stop making it sound like I did something irrational. The album is not even top 1000 on iTunes. Besides, Rihanna's Anti was out in February and Ariana's album in May. My calculation skills tell me Glory and those albums aren't even 6 months apart.

Not only that, but I just noticed you posted wrong info. She didn't do as much as Rihanna, Ariana Grande or Selena. Nicki's last album also did 244k doubling Glory's first week.

And I don't understand why you're saying I'm complaining? And why are you saying I'm not a fan? Jesus, the fans on this forum act rude for no reason. :sipney:

the title upset me at first

but if you think again there is nothing to be sad about:truthtea: Britney is far from having financial problems. She has and will continue to have immense amount of money to spend and to nurture her kids happily. We as fans get an album with quality and are excited plus happy. No one get hurt at all.

She ranked no.8 in forbes in terms of female singers. Why should we be worried and upsetted by glory's sales?:truthtea::bootyney:

#sodeep #deepthoughts

6 hours ago, button said:

You're also comparing first week sales from different "years", and that's anything but making sense. Even moreso than comparing totals.

Glory stopped selling anyways, it's fair to compare the totals, it's not something absurd. It did just 5k this week, it's not going to catch up. You can wait 1 or 10 years, it won't change. Stop making it sound like I did something irrational. The album is not even top 1000 on iTunes. Besides, Rihanna's Anti was out in February and Ariana's album in May. My calculation skills tell me Glory and those albums aren't even 6 months apart.

Not only that, but I just noticed you posted wrong info. She didn't do as much as Rihanna, Ariana Grande or Selena. Nicki's last album also did 244k doubling Glory's first week.

And I don't understand why you're saying I'm complaining? And why are you saying I'm not a fan? Jesus, the fans on this forum act rude for no reason. :sipney:

Okay you're cuckoo.   I literally read the first line and lost interest because I know the rest of it will be psychobabble.  Have a good rest of your day hon.

19 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Okay you're cuckoo.   I literally read the first line and lost interest because I know the rest of it will be psychobabble.  Have a good rest of your day hon.

Honey, you lied about Britney doing as much as those girls. Acknowledge it at least and move on.

Rihanna - 166k

Ariana - 175k

Selena - 117k

Nicki's last album - 244k

As if a "good" first week was anything to be happy about anyways. Have a good day. :sipney:

Archived