Glory's Sales Aren't THAT Bad.....

chaceypoo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what she gets when she tries this much. 

You do not do average work and expect to get promoted and be the boss. 

Glory might have served quality music but so what? Tricky has been serving quality music for his enitre career and yet he does not sell that well. (That's another different story tho, but the main point is that "good" music does not sell by itself).

Her show is not the best. Her performances are not the best. She lips and of top of that she does not even dance. What do you expect? Of course she will not sell.

it is sad. britney need to reivent herself and her career if she wants to sell a lot and make us really happy with the charts.

but the main point is: does she want it? 

because it's not that hard. you just gotta try as hard as Gaga did. be everywhere, perform songs of the album (a lot, in variety). maybe sing live. do a lot of promo and i don't mean only appear in tv, but real promo. outdoors, apps, idk, something... (and Gaga's joanne wasn't as good as glory, so...)

Guest Nick Jonas
13 hours ago, radar89 said:

It's pretty bad but it's not that bad. I believe it will end up selling more than Bridget Jones (not an accomplishment but still an improvement) and I believe it will have good catalogue sales 

Bridget Jones. :idkha:

Can you guys realize it's all her team's fault? Stop blaming Britney for the sales, she did everything she possibly could, she was just mismanaged af.

- They ****** up big time the video for her lead single, it's like the most important promotion when building a new era

- They ****** up choosing a release date and lost the #1 spot for a ******* country band when it could be easily hers in another week

- They messed the timing for the promotions

- They (probably) didn't warn her about what Carpool Karaoke was about

- None of her televised performances was about Glory, she just promoted POM

- She was ******* fierce at the VMAs but her production looked like something created by kids in high school next to the other acts.

I could go on forever, but I hope Slumber Party succeeds and they don't **** up that amazing song with their amateurism.

:nyheadache:

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Can you guys realize it's all her team's fault? Stop blaming Britney for the sales, she did everything she possibly could, she was just mismanaged af.

- They ****** up big time the video for her lead single, it's like the most important promotion when building a new era

- They ****** up choosing a release date and lost the #1 spot for a ******* country band when it could be easily hers in another week

- They messed the timing for the promotions

- They (probably) didn't warn her about what Carpool Karaoke was about

- None of her televised performances was about Glory, she just promoted POM

- She was ******* fierce at the VMAs but her production looked like something created by kids in high school next to the other acts.

I could go on forever, but I hope Slumber Party succeeds and they don't **** up that amazing song with their amateurism.

:nyheadache:

I agree with some of your points except CK... You guys swear Britney is an idiot... they didn't warn her what carpool karaoke is about? I'm sure she's done karaoke with her girlfriends before at some point in her life. Anyone with half a brain knows you're supposed to sing the words and have fun. That's what karaoke in general is all about. Why she'd do it and be barely audible is beyond me. 

5 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Her show is not the best. Her performances are not the best. She lips and of top of that she does not even dance. What do you expect? Of course she will not sell.

tumblr_n27ejgiMNZ1rhis53o1_500.gif

It's fine to say that she is currently not the best performer but to say that she does not dance? 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, button said:

Ehhh... ok.. :rude2me:

Yeah the difference is britney is 20 years into her career, and neither of those artists are even 10 years into their's.

NOT TO MENTION: They have about over a year on Glory. Give it a year, then let's compare.

If the Queen decides to actually promote/Release singles.... 

:saycheese:

7 minutes ago, chaceypoo said:

Yeah the difference is britney is 20 years into her career, and neither of those artists are even 10 years into their's.

NOT TO MENTION: They have about over a year on Glory. Give it a year, then let's compare.

If the Queen decides to actually promote/Release singles.... 

:saycheese:

Do I really have to point out Beyoncé or P!nk who are also 20 years in? It's not a valid excuse, stop finding comfort in it. Britney Spears is supposed to outsell "Selena Gomez" and "Demi Lovato". Ariana Grande (906k) doesn't have a year on Glory. Her album was released in May.

It's not a problem of career length. It has to do with her brand which was damaged by Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Glory was bound to suffer but we can't deny that it is selling very very badly.

Hopefully, Slumber Party and a 3rd single will help it match those rookies' sales at least. Then B10 must outdo theirs if Glory serves it purpose right.

2 minutes ago, button said:

Do I really have to point out Beyoncé or P!nk who are also 20 years in? It's not a valid excuse, stop finding comfort in it. Britney Spears is supposed to outsell "Selena Gomez" and "Demi Lovato". Ariana Grande (906k) doesn't have a year on Glory. Her album was released in May.

It's not a problem of career length. It has to do with her brand which was damaged by Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Glory was bound to suffer but we can't deny that it is selling very very badly.

Hopefully, Slumber Party and a 3rd single will help it match those rookies' sales at least. Then B10 must outdo theirs.

What's a "P!nk"?? :bootyney:

14 minutes ago, button said:

Hopefully, Slumber Party and a 3rd single will help it match those rookies' sales at least. Then B10 must outdo theirs if Glory serves it purpose right.

Kinda agree with you, but please let's not drag an amazing album that was FF into this. It was her last commercially successful (and critically acclaimed) and singles slayed. So pls stop.

Archived