Glory Vinyl Fan Preorder?

MissSpearsSaysSo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this response to my email today:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your email inquiry.  The Glory Vinyl pre-sale orders are scheduled to be shipped out towards the end of November.  Unfortunately we do not have a solid ship date at this time. Once the order is shipped you will receive a shipment notification in your email with the tracking information.

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Cameltoe123 said:

is it possible to cancel orders? I'm pissed that it's released on standard vinyl and I haven't even gotten my expensive as hell fan version....

Why would you want to cancel when the fan version will have your name compared the regular one without it? Its limited edition :zoomzoom:

7 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

I can't believe some people actually paid $60 to get a record a months later than everyone else, just to have your name printed in Times New Roman on the lyric page insert.

It's Britney's first album on vinyl, and as a fan since the beginning I think it's cool to have my name included inside as a part of her history. It's not like I can't listen to the album in other formats in the meantime.

37 minutes ago, agirlnamedlucky said:

It's Britney's first album on vinyl, and as a fan since the beginning I think it's cool to have my name included inside as a part of her history. It's not like I can't listen to the album in other formats in the meantime.

Same. I've been a fan for almost 20 years now and it just feels right. It will always be special to me for that reason. How many fans can say that their names are on their favorite artist's album? 

12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Why would you want to cancel when the fan version will have your name compared the regular one without it? Its limited edition :zoomzoom:

I collect vinyl to listen to them, not to hang on the wall (to each their own, no shade) and I really don't care about it being ~limited edition~ because it's legit going to be the exact same thing with a piece of glossy paper shoved in it.

3 hours ago, agirlnamedlucky said:

I've been a fan for over a decade as well, and I love that she's finally releasing an album on vinyl. I just don't think it's worth it to pay triple the price to get it a month late. 

The issue isn't that those of us who ordered it from the official store didn't know it wouldn't ship until "late November", the issue is that we were tricked into thinking that it would be EXCLUSIVELY available on vinyl from the official store. There were no other listings for a vinyl edition to be released at any time in the future. So given the information on her site, it seemed like if you didn't pre-order the vinyl edition from there... you wouldn't be able to purchase it at all. Not to mention, they didn't just take your order and hold your payment information until they were ready to ship, we were all charged at the time of placing the order. So now we can't cancel those orders we paid over double the cost for, which I pray doesn't just include a piece of paper with a thousand names printed on it shoved inside the $20 version anyone can buy off of Amazon. There better be at least some sort of difference to the "Fan Edition" from the "Standard Edition" outisde of this silly printed name portion. For all that extra cost it should include... I dunno, a bonus 7", a poster, be autographed.... something... anything that makes it worth having paid such a higher cost for.

28 minutes ago, EricRiot said:

The issue isn't that those of us who ordered it from the official store didn't know it wouldn't ship until "late November", the issue is that we were tricked into thinking that it would be EXCLUSIVELY available on vinyl from the official store. There were no other listings for a vinyl edition to be released at any time in the future. So given the information on her site, it seemed like if you didn't pre-order the vinyl edition from there... you wouldn't be able to purchase it at all. Not to mention, they didn't just take your order and hold your payment information until they were ready to ship, we were all charged at the time of placing the order. So now we can't cancel those orders we paid over double the cost for, which I pray doesn't just include a piece of paper with a thousand names printed on it shoved inside the $20 version anyone can buy off of Amazon. There better be at least some sort of difference to the "Fan Edition" from the "Standard Edition" outisde of this silly printed name portion. For all that extra cost it should include... I dunno, a bonus 7", a poster, be autographed.... something... anything that makes it worth having paid such a higher cost for.

there was an autographed one for like $500 or something like that

Archived