Was this the last time we had a whole performance with Liveney Vocals?

jokerr

So, guys, I'm sure everybody around here already saw this video and this is no surprise, but I was thinking about Britney's vocals during this era and, well, of course I wanted her to sing live, but this doesn't seem to happen nowadays (I really thought se was going to promote 'Glory' this way because the vocals on the record are not very difficult, but...).

Anyway, I was wondering when was the last time she sang live and couldn't find another video after the "You Oughta Know" performance. I know she did a couple of "Perfume" performances on POM, but that was not entirely live, if I'm not mistaken. Or was it???? 

Another question that I've never figured out: does anyone know why she did the Alanis cover in the first place? It is flawless, fierce and she never did anything spontaneous like that again. I mean, did she sing it because any of her exes was hooking up with someone at the time? Do any of you know any rumors about it? ENLIGHTEN ME, EXHALE! :orangu:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably the best live performance of the past ten years ... just singing a whole song live so comfortably like that - that's what she needs to work towards.

This performance is such a mystery ... did her therapist tell her do it to help her process anger ? 

I'm surprised she never did anything like it again ... shows us that she can totally slay songs that are in the right key for her...

18 minutes ago, jokerr said:

So, guys, I'm sure everybody around here already saw this video and this is no surprise, but I was thinking about Britney's vocals during this era and, well, of course I wanted her to sing live, but this doesn't seem to happen nowadays (I really thought se was going to promote 'Glory' this way because the vocals on the record are not very difficult, but...).

Anyway, I was wondering when was the last time she sang live and couldn't find another video after the "You Oughta Know" performance. I know she did a couple of "Perfume" performances on POM, but that was not entirely live, if I'm not mistaken. Or was it???? 

Another question that I've never figured out: does anyone know why she did the Alanis cover in the first place? It is flawless, fierce and she never did anything spontaneous like that again. I mean, did she sing it because any of her exes was hooking up with someone at the time? Do any of you know any rumors about it? ENLIGHTEN ME, EXHALE! :orangu:

OMG thank you for sharing this. I don't think I have seen the whole performance before. Was it only one time she did it? And BTW she sounds amazing I really don't understand why she is not singing one or two songs like that now. And BTW her attitude here is awesome, very sassy. 

27 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

It wasn't a live vocal.

2 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

It may not be live 'singing', but she is very vocal (for Britney standards) throughout this entire performance.

Also, the live 'Don't you know?!' at 1:24 :carpoolney:

It is so tragic that we have to be happy with that one single voice.

Guest Cold As Fire
28 minutes ago, Margaery said:

It wasn't, the person who did the remixes for the tour confirmed it was live.

Because it was supposed to be seen as a "live" performance, duh. And if it wasn't pre-recorded, why did it sound exactly the same in every video? I swear Britney fans sometimes... :drown: 

23 minutes ago, Cold As Fire said:

Because it was supposed to be seen as a "live" performance, duh. And if it wasn't pre-recorded, why did it sound exactly the same in every video? I swear Britney fans sometimes... :drown: 

tbh not gonna lie, i thought it was live back then. But it WERE the same vocals every performance, so I also think it was pre-recorded to sound live. And ofcourse the person who did the remixes wouldn't say something like: "oh yeah Britney made it seem like it was live, but it was pre-recorded and she lipsynced that part too". :britdrown:

11 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS said:

tbh not gonna lie, i thought it was live back then. But it WERE the same vocals every performance, so I also think it was pre-recorded to sound live. And ofcourse the person who did the remixes wouldn't say something like: "oh yeah Britney made it seem like it was live, but it was pre-recorded and she lipsynced that part too". :britdrown:

what do you mean? she did you oughta know in other concerts? i thought it was only in one

Archived