Britney Really SLAYED This Video To Infinity & Beyond!!

OCBoy1985

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BreatheMe said:

Why that creepy smile?? Like, seriously:orangu:
It still scares me tbh , anyone knows?:idkney:

Well the whole video illustrates her meteoric rise to fame (as depicted by the meteorite in the opening scene), shows her “primeney” years through her own perspective (I.e., first she “levitates” when rising to the top of the industry; thereafter, all she sees are inauthentic reflections of herself projected via music videos, while cameras and microphones are shoved in her face 24/7), her breakdown (when she finally loses control due to having been so controlled, and starts ruining her “perfect” image by damaging her pure, white dress and platinum blonde hair with the paint before falling to the ground), battling her own demons (the two Britneys fighting, one representing her pop star persona and one her authentic self) and then finally her rise back up (wherein she has lost the “two personas” and is only now her authentic self, as illustrated by her now having only one pupil per eye when she previously had two).

Thus, within this context, when you look at the point that the smile occurs (right before the “breakdown”), and think of what the “Joker smile” represents (a smile that’s not authentic as it’s created from scars/pain), that smile is there to demonstrate her trying desperately to hold it together and maintain her image, but knowing other people can now see the pain of fame on her face and the underlying lack of happiness underneath a happy façade.

33 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well the whole video illustrates her meteoric rise to fame (as depicted by the meteorite in the opening scene), shows her “primeney” years through her own perspective (I.e., first she “levitates” when rising to the top of the industry; thereafter, all she sees are inauthentic reflections of herself projected via music videos, while cameras and microphones are shoved in her face 24/7), her breakdown (when she finally loses control due to having been so controlled, and starts ruining her “perfect” image by damaging her pure, white dress and platinum blonde hair with the paint before falling to the ground), battling her own demons (the two Britneys fighting, one representing her pop star persona and one her authentic self) and then finally her rise back up (wherein she has lost the “two personas” and is only now her authentic self, as illustrated by her now having only one pupil per eye when she previously had two).

ALL OF THIS :wendycry::crying4:  I loved your explanation 

I actually knew a few stuff of what you said

36 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Thus, within this context, when you look at the point that the smile occurs (right before the “breakdown”), and think of what the “Joker smile” represents (a smile that’s not authentic as it’s created from scars/pain), that smile is there to demonstrate her trying desperately to hold it together and maintain her image, but knowing other people can now see the pain of fame on her face and the underlying lack of happiness underneath a happy façade.

But this is really accurate, you blew me away, big time:bigtime: 

Thank you so much:mhm:

34 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

WTH no. actually Kanye is scary. What's up with him I never paid attention to his behavior before. 

IDK Kanye isn't in the video LOL 

14 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Agreed! I looooooooved this remix and the music video. She looked bomb! And her attitude was on point. 

She was definitely feeling herself and her confidence was on 10!

29 minutes ago, s0dap0p said:

We can hate on will.i.am all we want but I must admit he opened new (and exciting) collaboration opportunities for Britney. :mhm:

OMG I was just thinking that yesterday how with him she had access to some great artists for colabs and not white wannabe rappers like Iggy & G Eazy tho I like him ..... she should have gone with a bigger rapper that had more influence on Hip Hop and Rap

32 minutes ago, s0dap0p said:

We can hate on will.i.am all we want but I must admit he opened new (and exciting) collaboration opportunities for Britney. :mhm:

:smokney2:

Archived