Tennis Superstar Venus Williams dancing and singing to SLAVE!

csarsalcdo

48 minutes ago, button said:

The distinction is really weird to me... when I was young she seemed just as huge as Serena, she was for me one of the iconic screaming female tennis players and I saw her everywhere. I don't see why she wouldn't be famous in the US nowadays.

I haven't followed tennis for quite some years, do you mean Venus didn't keep up career-wise? As in Serena is still winning tournaments and grand slams while Venus isn't? Sure, that would make Serena a lot more relevant and it gives her a wider, more recent audience but Venus is certainly famous in the US. I mean if she isn't in her homeland, where would she be? She might have had her peak but time can't take away her fame like that. :yaknow:

But if Venus hasn't been doing well in the last few years, I understand the distinction you're making about their career size. I guess I'm just a few years late in the tennis world.

Well, yes. Quite a lot has happened in the last few years. Venus discovered she has a auto-imune disease, which I can't speak the name, and since 2009 her career has plummeted. Her last Grand Slam win was Wimbledon 2008, quite a long time. As for Serena, well, she's up to 22 Grand Slam titles, her last being Wimbledon this year (Venus has 7). She just tied Steffi Graf for most GS titles in the Open Era, as you must know.

But I get your point. Of course someone like her would be famous. She is everywhere really. That was a stupid remark.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DaRealMVP said:

Well, yes. Quite a lot has happened in the last few years. Venus discovered she has a auto-imune disease, which I can't speak the name, and since 2009 her career has plummeted. Her last Grand Slam win was Wimbledon 2008, quite a long time. As for Serena, well, she's up to 22 Grand Slam titles, her last being Wimbledon this year (Venus has 7). She just tied Steffi Graf for most GS titles in the Open Era, as you must know.

But I get your point. Of course someone like her would be famous. She is everywhere really. That was a stupid remark.

Oh my, why did I just learn about her health issue?!! Poor baby girl :tiffanycries:

I used to check the atp and Wta rankings all the time... I became disinterested over time I guess. Jankovic, Ivanovic, Safina... what are all the tennis girls up to? I was a kid when Hingis and Henin retired. I'm an outdated flop. The last major thing I can remember is Sharapova winning US open against Serena. :watrusayin:

8 hours ago, getnaked281 said:

BRITNEY needs a new iconic song. PEOPLE just remember Baby one more time, oops, slave and toxic.

BRITNEY Needs a new anthem! video, and dance breakdown to regain  an iconic moment again

People loved TTWE back in its release, which is why she still performs it to this day. Fans weren't too hot on it, but the GP ate it up and made it her biggest radio hit ever (until IWG came and surpassed it). TTWE is personally my favorite and I know it has pretty huge impact.

1 hour ago, button said:

Oh my, why did I just learn about her health issue?!! Poor baby girl :tiffanycries:

I used to check the atp and Wta rankings all the time... I became disinterested over time I guess. Jankovic, Ivanovic, Safina... what are all the tennis girls up to? I was a kid when Hingis and Henin retired. I'm an outdated flop. The last major thing I can remember is Sharapova winning US open against Serena. :watrusayin:

She won Wimbledon against Serena.

This year was awful for the WTA, Sharapova ban, Serena plying like crap, Azarenka pregnant, etc. I hope next year will be better

7 hours ago, button said:

You mean Wimbledon against Serena. That was in 2004 OMG :gaspney: you have a lot to catch up with. 

Sharapova since then won 2006 US Open, 2008 Australian Open, 2012/2014 Roland Garros. 

Well, jankovic and ivanovic are done and dusted and safina has retired with back problems. 

Serena has been #1 since 2012. She lost it this year to Kerber. She hasn't been playing much and missed all the season end tournaments. 

14 hours ago, Cecig said:

She won Wimbledon against Serena.

This year was awful for the WTA, Sharapova ban, Serena plying like crap, Azarenka pregnant, etc. I hope next year will be better

8 hours ago, DaRealMVP said:

You mean Wimbledon against Serena. That was in 2004 OMG :gaspney: you have a lot to catch up with. 

Sharapova since then won 2006 US Open, 2008 Australian Open, 2012/2014 Roland Garros. 

Well, jankovic and ivanovic are done and dusted and safina has retired with back problems. 

Serena has been #1 since 2012. She lost it this year to Kerber. She hasn't been playing much and missed all the season end tournaments. 

I wasn't talking about the 2004 Wimbledon win, I didn't even witness that! When I said Sharapova won US open, I was definitely talking about 2006 but forgot it was against Henin, not Serena! :ohnoney:

I never noticed my interest in tennis was so shortlived. 2005-2007 :cricket:

4 minutes ago, claire234 said:

She may be beyonce's friend but she's always been a huge britney fan too, she's been to so many of brit's shows

img_00427es6e.jpg

img_0045fwsf1.jpg

img_0044etso1.jpg

img_0043g0udk.jpg

Yea i know that serena was a britney stan but lately i feel like she's becoming a beyonce stan,:sickofu: still love her though

1 hour ago, XOTIC said:

can you please give me some instances where they have failed to tip besides the one occasion regarding serena in september? i'm genuinely asking because i can't find anything else on this other than that.

lol omg I didn't know about Serena in September. But my dad used to drive them. I don't remember the exact story but I can ask him. Apparently it was a long day and they couldn't even give a dime.

Flawless stan Serena :carpoolney:

http://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2011/8/16/2367346/serena-williams-britney-spears-lucky

I also remember reading Serena saying something like Britney had done in the music world what she did in tennis, come from nothing to become the best and that she really respected Britney for the fact she did it on her own, whereas Serena always had her sister. I think it was from pretty long ago, maybe early in her career so I can't find it now but I definitely remember reading it and thinking it was really nice.

My fave is also Maria, I wish she would stan Britney, I remember she stanned the Spice Girls in an interview lol 

Archived