Britney vs. Xtina poll

singularbritney

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, button said:

It's 84M albums for Britney and 36M for Christina.

Didn't Britney say it was 105M back in 2011? If the fb link you posted takes into account the certifications only then the estimation is wrong, because all the figures crossed the last certification's threshold they could even be close to the next certification, in that case an important amount of sales is being ignored. (sorry if the explanation wasn't clear :gloria:)

15 minutes ago, Margaery said:

Didn't Britney say it was 105M back in 2011? If the fb link you posted takes into account the certifications only then the estimation is wrong, because all the figures crossed the last certification's threshold they could even be close to the next certification, in that case an important amount of sales is being ignored. (sorry if the explanation wasn't clear :gloria:)

I understood what you meant.

They take into account the sales in countries where the album didn't get or reached a certification and make estimates for countries where they have 0 data.

The 105M is probably what her label sold, "shipments". For example, "Britney" shipped 15M but sold 11M.

They understimated My Prerogative though, it's 6M-7M rather than 5.

Archived