prices lowered for POM?

rockNroLL227

i'm going to POM on wednesday 11/9 and even though i already bought tickets, i keep checking back to see if they have any meet and greets available. the meet and greet is sold out for that night - you can read more about it on my thread here... http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/730944-mg-sold-out-for-november-9th/#comment-15681995

i already bought tickets last week without the M&G, but the plan was if they become available again, i would buy the cheapest ticket and add the M&G. so i keep checking the tickets. i bought tickets for the middle section at $249 before taxes and fees (just under $300 after taxes and fees). all of the tickets that were previously $249 base price are now $209!!!!! and all of the tickets that were previously $99 base price are now $89!!!! do they do this every show?!? i was annoyed because of the meet and greet situation, but now i'm mad because i could've sat one row behind where i am now, for over $50 less!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Doesn't that happen everywhere?

But it's a risk for someone who 100% wants to go because tickets may or may not be available close to the date. 

i feel like i've never seen that happen on a regular tour. i've never seen the face value drop on a ticket that didn't sell for a regular tour. they'll likely drop on a resale site like stubhub, or they may offer tickets on groupon or something, but i've never seen the face value price actually drop on ticketmaster. i could be wrong though.

and you're right, it's a gamble. and with my luck lately, if i would've waited to buy tickets so i could get them cheaper, they would've been completely sold out when i went to buy them and i wouldn't have been able to see britney at all, which literally the reason i'm going to vegas.

58 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Doesn't that happen everywhere?

But it's a risk for someone who 100% wants to go because tickets may or may not be available close to the date. 

Yeah probably.  I Just gave an answer to the question. And btw for flights sometimes it's the other way around. I had to regularly check a certain day of a flight for an assignment at uni and the ticket for the flight was getting more expensive as the time was getting closer. So it may be different. 

7 hours ago, timito said:

Yeah probably.  I Just gave an answer to the question. And btw for flights sometimes it's the other way around. I had to regularly check a certain day of a flight for an assignment at uni and the ticket for the flight was getting more expensive as the time was getting closer. So it may be different. 

yeah flights are always like that. but i had no idea POM was like that. i would've bought them earlier if they were $209 (and maybe if i got them a while ago, the M&G wouldn't have been sold out :/ )

but we're probably sitting right by each other!

Archived