No one is expecting a Grammy nomination for "Glory"

Dinirocal

My intention is not to be mean or anything, I just want to avoid future meltdowns or disappointments. I know many fans feel like "Glory" deserves nominations (and I agree) but its my responsibility to inform that I was checking a bunch of really accurate predictions and Britney's is out of the radar of nearly everyone, no one sees her as a contender or anything.

I want to clear that the reason for this is not because "Glory" is a bad album, the reason no one is expecting her to score a nod is because of Glory's little impact, the big favorites for the Best Pop Album Category are:

- 25 - Adele

- The Purpose - Justin Bieber

- A head full of dreams - Coldplay

- Dangerous woman - Ariana Grande

- This is acting - Sia

Also for the Pop duo/group performance where "Make me" is also submitted there's massive competition this year, huge hits like "Cheap Thrills", "Starboy", "Can't stop the feeling (cast version)" and "Work" are submitted, in addition of popular songs from Twenty one pilots, Coldplay, Lukas Graham, Ariana Grande and others. 

So don't expect any nominations guys, "Glory" is a great album but thats not enough to grab voters attention, the truth is that what most of these voters may remember from "Glory" is an album released with a crap music video that without a second single was then abandoned and forgotten (they probably don't even know "Slumber Party" is coming), so yeah Glory's campaign didn't help either unfortunately. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

My intention is not to be mean or anything, I just want to avoid future meltdowns or disappointments. I know many fans feel like "Glory" deserves nominations (and I agree) but its my responsibility to inform that I was checking a bunch of really accurate predictions and Britney's is out of the radar of nearly everyone, no one sees her as a contender or anything.

I want to clear that the reason for this is not because "Glory" is a bad album, the reason no one is expecting her to score a nod is because of Glory's little impact, the big favorites for the Best Pop Album Category are:

- 25 - Adele

- The Purpose - Justin Bieber

- A head full of dreams - Coldplay

- Dangerous woman - Ariana Grande

- This is acting - Sia

Also for the Pop duo/group performance where "Make me" is also submitted there's massive competition this year, huge hits like "Cheap Thrills", "Starboy", "Can't stop the feeling (cast version)" and "Work" are submitted, in addition of popular songs from Twenty one pilots, Coldplay, Lukas Graham, Ariana Grande and others. 

So don't expect any nominations guys, "Glory" is a great album but thats not enough to grab voters attention, the truth is that what most of these voters may remember from "Glory" is an album released with a crap music video that without a second single was then abandoned and forgotten (they probably don't even know "Slumber Party" is coming), so yeah Glory's campaign didn't help either unfortunately. 

one word: unfair.

52 minutes ago, If I'm Dancing said:

I am not here for a Grammy nomination but i would love to see Britney attending the Grammys tbh :makesomenoise:

Why she should go?:gtfo: she is not Katy perry who is mocked and humillated year after year by them and still always attends to end like a meme:hairflip: britney since she realized their treatment to her and what they think about her music stopped of attended :NYnod:she only bothered with the WHITNEY's homage because she was very fan:jolieoverit: she didn't attended when she won, I've always thought that she tought wouldn't win.:paper:

7 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

Why she should go?:gtfo: she is not Katy perry who is mocked and humillated year after year by them and still always attends to end like a meme:hairflip: britney since she realized their treatment to her and what they think about her music stopped of attended :NYnod:she only bothered with the WHITNEY's homage because she was very fan:jolieoverit: she didn't attended when she won, I've always thought that she tought wouldn't win.:paper:

You have a point :soyeah:

56 minutes ago, GetBack98 said:

I think also because they don't take her seriously :sickofu:

I read this and then immediately looked over at the knee tapping. BAHAHA :ahhh:

On a serious note.. I'm still hoping for a nom. I know we all say it's rigged and all whatever... I am a firm believer in Glory being one of Britney's best and most cohesive works. #teamgrammy

33 minutes ago, mr-photogenic said:

I lost my respect towards Grammy when Snake Swift won Best Pop Vocal Album while there were bunch of good singers in the categories (Kelly Clarkson, for real). So wtf right? 

That award is for the best pop album with vocals, not the album with the best vocals, and Taylor's album was about a million times better than Kelly's.  She deserved to win.  And shading someone else's voice on a Britney Spears forum is ******* shameful, so you can sit your *** down.  

Archived