"Just love me" would be actually good single choice with some changes

Song is kinda overproduced. Her raw vocal in that leaked demo snippet sounded million times better. The track needs less production and more focus on her raw vocal. Also, I can see some rap help from Drake or Future or Ty Dolla Sign instead of "Oh no, I won't, I promise, I promise. Oh no, I won't, ask you for nothing" part. I feel like radio and GP would it eat it up so easy that way. But to be completely honest, we need some solo third single and break from all of this collaborations we got lately. It would be maybe good choice for fourth single. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Song is kinda overproduced. Her raw vocal in that leaked demo snippet sounded million times better. The track needs less production and more focus on her raw vocal. Also, I can see some rap help from Drake or Future or Ty Dolla Sign instead of "Oh no, I won't, I promise, I promise. Oh no, I won't, ask you for nothing" part. I feel like radio and GP would it eat it up so easy that way. But to be completely honest, we need some solo third single and break from all of this collaborations we got lately. It would be maybe good choice for fourth single. :)

No, it the rawest her voice has been since 2000, honestly how is that song overproduced? And another no, that is my favorite part and 2 collabs are enough for singles.

2 minutes ago, TheVirtuoso said:

No, it the rawest her voice has been since 2000, honestly how is that song overproduced?

A lot of background vocals. Demo sounded so much better without them. And music is so much louder than her vocals. I don't complain about anything else.

6 minutes ago, TheVirtuoso said:

And another no, that is my favorite part and 2 collabs are enough for singles.

I like that part too, but I was talking what would be better commercially and generally for radio/GP. Couldn't agree more about collabs, that's why I said I want solo third single. :)

19 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

giphy.gif 

my only complaint about JLM is the fact that LOVE is spelled LUV in the title. bothers me so much.

otherwise, flawless song. i would like it single #3 in the winter (release around maybe february or so), and then an upbeat song to (i assume) close out glory and take us into late spring / early summer around may/june. for that i would like better, but idk if that tropical sound will still be hot then. other contenders for single #4 for me are love me down or do you wanna come over (which i'm honestly shocked wasn't single #2 based off of how the label was pushing it - maybe britney wanted slumber party and finally got her way)

3 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

:blol:

It's not that I want to. I just can see it working for radio and GP. :mhm:

:embarrassney: You said the track is overproduced and the single should focus on her vocals... 

...and then you suggested covering up the best vocal part of the song :embarrassney:

7 minutes ago, Eхх said:

:embarrassney: You said the track is overproduced and the single should focus on her vocals... 

...and then you suggested covering up the best vocal part of the song :embarrassney:

Well, song length is already 4:02. Putting extra rap part on the track would make song lasts at least 4:15-4:20. We all know radio is not here for long songs. I'm glad we got that vocals tho. :mhm:

Archived