Azealia Banks posts about Britney

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, myfacelikeamannequin said:

She just posted this on fb :sizeup:

Britney Spears' "hit me baby one more time" and "oops I did it again" belong to their own genre of Britney Spears. I could totally be on some nineties baby haven't done their research **** but those two songs made the white girl pop star fantasy so real to me at 8-9years old. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved and still love Mariah but Mariah was always ethnic to me, and listening to her never felt like "guilty pleasure" it just felt like music and repertoire and something/someone that needed to be studied... for art and times' sake 

But I think Britney was the first white girl in my time that opened my little black girl eyes up to white girl fantasy.

Britney took and still takes risks that chicks are afraid to take. 

The statement is strong but it is deep and is right, and (at the very least) worth your consideration

https://www.facebook.com/azealiabanksmusic/

She posted another Britney status

1 hour ago, myfacelikeamannequin said:

Britney Spears' "hit me baby one more time" and "oops I did it again" belong to their own genre of Britney Spears

Britney took and still takes risks that chicks are afraid to take. 

The statement is strong but it is deep and is right, and (at the very least) worth your consideration

https://www.facebook.com/azealiabanksmusic/

after the russel incident her image is totally ruined for me. but she made some very valid statement here. glad to see she still have some brain particles up in there somewhere

25 minutes ago, BritneyJoanne said:

i really don't get it :idkney:

someone should translate it to english line by line :hype:

What she's saying is as a black girl growing up in Harlem, especially Spanish Harlem, you're not really consumed with "white" music. You grow up on bachata and hip hop/R&B. I'm a couple years older than Azealia but the only white female artist I was exposed to growing up was Madonna, and not a single white male singer was ever on my radar as a kid.  Then I saw Britney on TRL one day and it was the first time I was really exposed to pop music outside of Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson. 

Britney Spears, Christina A., and that type of music was guilty pleasures for people like Azealia and I that grew up in those type of environments. If you listened to it, it was usually by yourself and you really didn't express to other people that you liked that stuff. It was seen as corny and you'd be considered a lame. 

37 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

She is so obsessed with the skin color. Idc if she praises Britney, she's a mess :trash: 

A lot of people seem to forget that MTV didn't play black artist videos until Michael Jackson in 83. Azealia was born in 1991, so it's not far fetched to think that there are black kids in the 30 and under age group whose first real exposure to white artist would be the through something like TRL

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
12 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

again black and white separation :nothavingit: 

I'm so tired with that :nothavingit:

She is right though, Britney created her own genre and style, she is the original and quintessential pop girl :nobitch:

Archived