Azealia Banks posts about Britney

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
1 hour ago, Curious_1110 said:

What she's saying is as a black girl growing up in Harlem, especially Spanish Harlem, you're not really consumed with "white" music. You grow up on bachata and hip hop/R&B. I'm a couple years older than Azealia but the only white female artist I was exposed to growing up was Madonna, and not a single white male singer was ever on my radar as a kid.  Then I saw Britney on TRL one day and it was the first time I was really exposed to pop music outside of Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson. 

Britney Spears, Christina A., and that type of music was guilty pleasures for people like Azealia and I that grew up in those type of environments. If you listened to it, it was usually by yourself and you really didn't express to other people that you liked that stuff. It was seen as corny and you'd be considered a lame. 

The sad thing is that nothing has really changed :sofedup:

We're in 2016 and a lot of people still think that music has a skin color, or that you can't listen to someone with a different skin color   :sofedup: 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not exactly related to this topic but still.

You know who Britney reminds me to? Michael Jackson, in a way.

This was a quote by Michael Jackson regarding to Eminem years ago.

"...A lot of people respect Stevie (Wonder). When he speaks, people listen. And it was wrong of Eminem to do what he did. I’ve been an artist most of my life, doing what I do. And I’ve never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don’t do that. You don’t have to do that.

http://popdirt.com/michael-jackson-eminem-should-be-ashamed-for-just-lose-it/36362/

11 minutes ago, CaliSky said:

azealia is a true artist. as britneyspears fans, i would think you guys would have more compassion than to call people "troubled" and a "mess." my, my what a little time will do to the memory..... 

And you'd think she would have more compassion than to run around calling people loves considering how insensitive it is but she doesn't care but thats just one of a long list of things this girl is known to be messy for

3 minutes ago, Mario Posey said:

And you'd think she would have more compassion than to run around calling people loves considering how insensitive it is but she doesn't care but thats just one of a long list of things this girl is known to be messy for

so you're saying she's messy, therefore what? like, i'm sorry but did you forget your fave lives with a messy legal guardian and can't even vote... my point is, as britney fans, there is no room to label others such things. at all. besides, britney herself wouldn't. 

Just now, CaliSky said:

so you're saying she's messy, therefore what? like, i'm sorry but did you forget your fave lives with a messy legal guardian and can't even vote...

I love how you're trying to downplay most of the things she does or says because you think its just twitter feuds you really need to look into who she is cause clearly you don't know.

You're on the wrong forum if you wanna try and come for Britney and stick up for Azealia Banks. :tiffdrink:

I love Bank's music and this makes me love her for praising our white girl :comingthru:

edit: this line looks like Britney is bank's inspiration " But I think Britney was the first white girl in my time that opened my little black girl eyes up to white girl fantasy. " so AB wanted to be Britney when she was a kid... SLAY Britney inspiration Queen :otears:

38 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Last time Britney took a risk was in 2013 when she signed up for Vegas before all the other pop stars had done a Vegas residency. She USED to take risks (Snake performance/ITZ subject material/Blackout etc etc...) but she's been too safe since 2008/2009 

Brunita Juan was a risk for Britney :sofedup:

She might have some insecurites n problems bout her color n even might have been bullied in school , u guys instead of following with the tradation which is bullying u can emphatize n stop bashing her :mhm: for god sake she is human n might have some problems as u claim! And such people need empathy not bashing :mhm:

1 hour ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I'm so tired with that :nothavingit:

She is right though, Britney created her own genre and style, she is the original and quintessential pop girl :nobitch:

I would agree with you but my first thread I made here I identified myself as a black male out of Britney's target audience, but I've always been able to at least appreciate what she brings to the table as far as music. I asked what happened in her career because I checked out with her around 2004-05. 

Almost 85% of people in that thread automatically assumed I was a Beyoncé fan here to start drama -and there were lots of responses from members with racial undertones. No one considered that there were/are cultural barriers that make a natural segregation between races. 

Its just assumed that the whole world was consumed with Britney and her breakdown, forgetting that during that time lots of black people were more concerned about getting a first black president than watching Britney collapse.

3 hours ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

She's praising her you ********, she also posted this earlier:

Britney took and still takes risks that chicks are afraid to take.

The statement is strong but it is deep and is right, and (at the very least) worth your consideration

I see no lies. At least Azealia believes on Britney vision just like I do, unlike some stans in here 

3 hours ago, myfacelikeamannequin said:

I actually love AB's music, I don't agree with everything she says but it's nice to see someone being so unfiltered when everyone else is so media trained. And she's praising our Queen so I'm here for her :verycool:

She's a mess indeed, but she makes good music and knows what's authentic 

1 hour ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Last time Britney took a risk was in 2013 when she signed up for Vegas before all the other pop stars had done a Vegas residency. She USED to take risks (Snake performance/ITZ subject material/Blackout etc etc...) but she's been too safe since 2008/2009 

Lies. Make Me was a risk and it didn't happen thanks to her Team... i'm sure till this day she wasn't the one who said no to the final release!

Archived