we're not getting our old glory days , aren't we?

Guest riccus

Britney Spears also earned the distinction of having sold over a million copies of her new album, In the Zone. Spears' fourth album sold more than 150,000 copies in its third week to pass the million mark, but she might want to consider breaking out the pink Champale instead of Cristal, since her last album, 2001's Britney, reached that milestone in two weeks, and its predecessor, 2000's Oops ... I Did It Again, got there in just one.

well played britney but personally i don't see a real  comeback , anymore  .blame it on her team , her less creativity ...our girl is officially is in the past .

still here for her , but the princess  is not here anymore . 

:nothavingit:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how the music scene has changed over the years, some people not buying music anymore and streaming getting bigger I don't see Britney selling those numbers anymore. On the other hand with good marketing, exclusive offers, more visuals and improved promo performances Britney could sell a lot more. 

1 minute ago, King B. said:

With how the music scene has changed over the years, some people not buying music anymore and streaming getting bigger I don't see Britney selling those numbers anymore. On the other hand with good marketing, exclusive offers, more visuals and improved promo performances Britney could sell a lot more. 

i miss  our old fandom and days , dude . :crying2:

2 minutes ago, King B. said:

If Britney and her team would go with time instead of being stuck in 1894 things would be different. But we have to accept it

but the acceotion means we need to agree that she's mediocre now . 

:crying2:

how come the woman says i was too busy selling 50M records and saying she's aware that she's #3 and ok with it are the same woman  :crying2:

3 minutes ago, King B. said:

According to Britney she doesn't have to prove anything. You need to make the best out of it and enjoy what she's giving

she forget something..

she needs to prove that there's something to give to people  whose been here since the louisana days :crying2:

our princess. :crying2:

As a fanbase we were used to having bragging rights before tbh :mhmnod: But to be fair a lot of us made fun of other celebs that couldn't sell half of what Britney sold so it's probably karma.

People's taste nowadays is quite different. For example, people value live singing A LOT these days, which Britney doesn't offer at all. They enjoy outgoing funny celebs who show confidence, Britney is shy and awkward most of the times and she doesn't talk much either. 

I also think people like a sob story every now and then, and for celebs to be honest about their experiences and hard times/illnesses etc. and her team is trying so hard to hide it and act like nothing ever happened. For some reason I think Britney WANTS to talk about certain things. I think not talking about things, not letting everything out and not being honest only allows more people to make jokes about the stuff she went through. 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
44 minutes ago, Pop Sensation said:

but the acceotion means we need to agree that she's mediocre now . 

:crying2:

how come the woman says i was too busy selling 50M records and saying she's aware that she's #3 and ok with it are the same woman  :crying2:

Imagine being obsessed with charts and sales rather than the music itself. 

She's been there done that. No one except Beyonce, Taylor and Adele are selling tons anymore. 

2016 has been such a great year. Not perfect by any means, but still far better than the Britney Jean 'era' and 'Femme Fatale' for the most part.

1) She's released the best album she's made in years with creative control of the album. Something Femme Fatale wishes.

2) She's performing the best she has in years as well. The only thing she needs to do is sing at least partially live or pre-record convincing vocals.

You care WAY too much about sales/charts. I'm guessing just so you can have 'bragging rights' in pathetic fan wars. 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
42 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

As a fanbase we were used to having bragging rights before tbh :mhmnod: But to be fair a lot of us made fun of other celebs that couldn't sell half of what Britney sold so it's probably karma.

People's taste nowadays is quite different. For example, people value live singing A LOT these days, which Britney doesn't offer at all. They enjoy outgoing funny celebs who show confidence, Britney is shy and awkward most of the times and she doesn't talk much either. 

I also think people like a sob story every now and then, and for celebs to be honest about their experiences and hard times/illnesses etc. and her team is trying so hard to hide it and act like nothing ever happened. For some reason I think Britney WANTS to talk about certain things. I think not talking about things, not letting everything out and not being honest only allows more people to make jokes about the stuff she went through. 

Have you seen her interviews this era? 

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

She's probably making more money now for the hours she puts in than she did back then.

So in a way, she's far more successful now than she was in her prime. :jolieoverit:

Yup. boohoo shes not selling CDs anymore ... you realize all that money goes to the label right? she'd be lucky to keep a dollar out of album sales.

1 hour ago, Pop Sensation said:

i miss  our old fandom and days , dude . :crying2:

The music landscape has changed because of new technology. Other industries have to adapt as well. It's nothing new.:donewithit:

She's not selling like she used to but no one else is either. Conversely,social media has made it easier for her to make money in different ways.

Archived