In 34 years, truer words about Britney were never spoken

Glory is a welcome comeback for a true pop visionary nobody expected to stick around long enough for a third album, much less a ninth. Has any star pulled off as many comebacks as Britney? For this girl it's the non-comeback records that are the exception, because people have kept foolishly trying to write her off since the TRL days. Nearly 20 years after "Baby One More Time," people still act shocked when Brit refuses to fade away like the disposable pop trinket they desperately hoped she'd be, which keeps raising the question of how many great hits she needs to score before she finally gets credit as one of the all-time brilliant hitmakers. Every time she jumps back in the game, the world gives her that look like Kim Cattrall in the Crossroads scene where Britney shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her daughter. (Surpriiise!) But she's still going because nobody else can do what she does. No singer has ever captured the needy party-girl blues like Britney.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when she debuted she was huge / a phenomenom, but majority of people were not expecting her to last more than 2 / 3 albums and that she would share Spice Girls fate.Β 

20 years later she's still here with 9 studio albums,Β a great career, still getting Top 20 hits, winning awards, and grossing $100 million with a game-changing Vegas show.Β 

Guest Diamond Horse
1 hour ago, david lachapelle said:

the tea would be BOILING if Slumber Party becomes a hit.

guys, whether you like it or not, STREAM AND BUY IT.Β :wendycry:

Gosh, I would be so happy if Britney had another hit. The happiness would not be short-lived.

1 hour ago, Don't Keep Me Waiting said:

Glory is a welcome comeback for a true pop visionary nobody expected to stick around long enough for a third album, much less a ninth. Has any star pulled off as many comebacks as Britney? For this girl it's the non-comeback records that are the exception, because people have kept foolishly trying to write her off since the TRL days. Nearly 20 years after "Baby One More Time," people still act shocked when Brit refuses to fade away like the disposable pop trinket they desperately hoped she'd be, which keeps raising the question of how many great hits she needs to score before she finally gets credit as one of the all-time brilliant hitmakers. Every time she jumps back in the game, the world gives her that look like Kim Cattrall in the Crossroads scene where Britney shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her daughter. (Surpriiise!) But she's still going because nobody else can do what she does. No singer has ever captured the needy party-girl blues like Britney.

Β 

what's the source?

:sobbing:Β 

beautiful

but i actually think the "Comeback" thing is her team's idea and strategyΒ 

it works on Britney's situation the bestΒ 

because she is not that involved in media anymoreΒ 

every few year she releases an album , promote it for a few month and then she fades back into her lifeΒ 

So they create this hype of "Britney's Back!" and it actually worksΒ 

:embarrassney:

I think Britney has reached that point where attention means nothing to get anymore. If anything she is just content putting out music and doing stuff on her own terms. Yes people she is human and all humans have limits so you can all just back off and let that women be.

Archived