Has your taste in Britney's music changed?

Urbanney

Yea, and she's not bringing it like she used to, with everything in to account there is still no excuse, I watched both iheart and apple shows, the Choreo, etc, are all basic, she's either just standing there, or flailing her hair and arms. Glory is amazing, especially her voice. One point we had her out of shape, decent voice, bad shape, no voice aka someone else singing, now it's terrific shape, wonderful voice, she's messed up her smile, etc. Seems like there's no winning when it comes to her, and her promo, choices, etc. I'm weening down off Britney, and Exhale. I can support the music if it's good, but yea...no

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Camilo said:

:tiffsmoke: Shut up.

Leave, TRASH :rude2me:

not every grown a$$ man is sitting around listening to britney spears. calm down, queen. 

3 hours ago, Sunset8 said:

Yea, and she's not bringing it like she used to, with everything in to account there is still no excuse, I watched both iheart and apple shows, the Choreo, etc, are all basic, she's either just standing there, or flailing her hair and arms. Glory is amazing, especially her voice. One point we had her out of shape, decent voice, bad shape, no voice aka someone else singing, now it's terrific shape, wonderful voice, she's messed up her smile, etc. Seems like there's no winning when it comes to her, and her promo, choices, etc. I'm weening down off Britney, and Exhale. I can support the music if it's good, but yea...no

lol preach

11 hours ago, Camilo said:

its fine that YOU want to sit around and jam to Britney Spears in 2016, thats your prerogative. I can guarantee you that my friends and I and NYC and LA are not doing so. I happen to appreciate Britney as a person, not for the mainstream pop music she produces. Yes, she happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine, but feel free to keep on blasting your Britney alone. Do NOT refer to other people as trash simply because they do not listen to "pop" music like that...

3 hours ago, Camilo said:

Lol. Just don't understand why people don't respect opinions.

im not talking **** about Britney herself. I just said that her music is not something that still keeps me interested. I respect her as a person and as a musician. But when I started growing I expected that she would turning her music style more mature but she didn't. Actually she is getting worst ever since. Maybe not so much with Glory because of the music style and her voice but I always expected that she would start with more meaningful lyrics and a different sound and i bet she use to think that way before around 2006.

Go On and read her interview to People around that time when she said that she was thankful for her success as a pop star with songs like Baby One More Time but that she wanted to try something more mature like jazz music. Around that time she fired her team and I'm sure she was going to try something different but the things didn't worked well.

I feel bad for her cause I think right now she just decided to agree with her team and record company about keep doing the pop dance sound but cmon. if you really love Britney you know she is not really into her own music. Why should I?

Yes, since 2006 I listen to metal music, Britney is the only mainstream singer that I still listen . For some years I didn't follow her much just when she was on tv, like For the record (almost every day in that time je) but since 2014 I became obsessed again.

28 minutes ago, CaliSky said:

its fine that YOU want to sit around and jam to Britney Spears in 2016, thats your prerogative. I can guarantee you that my friends and I and NYC and LA are not doing so. I happen to appreciate Britney as a person, not for the mainstream pop music she produces. Yes, she happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine, but feel free to keep on blasting your Britney alone. Do NOT refer to other people as trash simply because they do not listen to "pop" music like that... it is not the taste of anyone grown and cool living in contemporary times. Like do you ever club? lol Have fun! xo

What are you even on about,sweetie? It sounds like you think listening to Britney is something to be ashamed about. Why are you here? I'm so confused. You're here because you like her as a person? LMAO.:gimmemoar:

I think the person you're replying to was rude but you're coming off like a pretentious little **** yourself insinuating grown men don't listen to Britney (hilarious considering her fanbase is overwhelmingly adult by now). 

My only Britney song opinions that have changed are that I really loved 3 when it came out and now I just don't, and I used to not give a crap about don't let me be the last to know but now I really love it. Otherwise, my likes and dislikes in the catalogue have stayed the same. Actually I'm getting a little tired of Stronger due to Vegas videos and that galloping choreo it has, and I used to loved the **** out of that song - this shows that Vegas can really use some rotating songs. There are plenty of song in the catalogue that are fan favorites that are missing. OH! They should have two versions of the show, A and B. This would allow for more songs from the back catalogue and glory! 

6 hours ago, CaliSky said:

its fine that YOU want to sit around and jam to Britney Spears in 2016, thats your prerogative. I can guarantee you that my friends and I and NYC and LA are not doing so. I happen to appreciate Britney as a person, not for the mainstream pop music she produces. Yes, she happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine, but feel free to keep on blasting your Britney alone. Do NOT refer to other people as trash simply because they do not listen to "pop" music like that... it is not the taste of anyone grown and cool living in contemporary times. Like do you ever club? lol Have fun! xo

Thats the dumbest thing ive read today.... like its not cool to listen to Britney in 2016? LMFAO..... even if it that were the case, who cares? Do you listen to stuff bc its "popular" and care what others think? i mean, thats very grown of you :quirkney: 

and that you can't listen to pop bc you are grown? Thats like say you cant listen to rock, pop, country, jazz, blues and so on to... people have different taste grown or not.

I like her songs because she sings them and the memories I have as a fan. BOMT-Circus are really nostalgic for me. I'm not as connected to FF or BJ...at all. Glory is the first time since Circus I've truly liked an album of hers. But even still, Glory is amazing but it doesn't feel as deep. Her involvement does, but the lyrics and content doesn't. I find to like her deeper songs much more (TOMH, Everytime, WSIBS, Heaven on Earth, Mannequin, Blur, My Baby, Out from Under, Hold on Tight) I would love to see her go in a moodier direction. SImilar to Justin Timberlakes 20/20 or Sexyback, or even similar to some songs on Blackout or Circus. Idk, the *** filled poppy Glory songs are getting really old. I'm starting to think I like Britney for what she used to be from 1999-2009. It's like I don't see her as a singer (which is what she started out as) I just see her as a performer. 

EDIT: I had an epiphany mid way through this and have started questioning my loyalty to the Britney Army rn, excuse me. :icant2: 

9 hours ago, CaliSky said:

its fine that YOU want to sit around and jam to Britney Spears in 2016, thats your prerogative. I can guarantee you that my friends and I and NYC and LA are not doing so. I happen to appreciate Britney as a person, not for the mainstream pop music she produces. Yes, she happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine, but feel free to keep on blasting your Britney alone. Do NOT refer to other people as trash simply because they do not listen to "pop" music like that...

Oh, NYC and LA, you say? Lah-dee-*******-dah. You apparently dropped that bit of information to impress, but it sounded so try hard I couldn't help but roll my eyes at it. The other person was right, you act like listening to Britney is something to be ashamed of (especially given your past replies to other threads) and you admit you're only here because Britney "fascinates you as a person." So it's fine that YOU don't listen to Britney or mainstream pop, but don't act high and mighty because of it. It doesn't make you anything more than someone with different tastes, because music will always be a subjective subject. And it has nothing to do with age, so you can just drop that **** right now.

Also, why you felt the need to answer them twice with two different responses, I can't figure out. I agree that no one should be called trash for their opinions and tastes, but get over yourself. 

17 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Nope. I still have some of the same playlist I have had since 2000 - 2006, believe me :nyschool:

About Britney, not really, I mean, I do not love Glory and it isn't my favorite album either (probably the last favorite) but it's just good, and as long as she does what she loves I think I'm OK. I just want her to release more singles and not let his music die as she did with these 2 last albums. You can say all th sh** about Brennda Joanna album but had she released (at least 4 singles) we could have had a great era with great visuals, and good sales of course. All I know is that I don´t want another album of "chill & slow" songs, 1 album is more than enough, I want club dance tracks that make me wanna dance. 

My overall taste in Britney is still the same since 1999 when I saw her for the 1st time, my complaints are about her management in the music industry.

I respect but honestly don't get this. Isn't like half of the album modern dance tracks? Love me down? Clumsy? Change your mind? If I'm Dancing? Better? The album is by far better than BJ and it shouldn't even be put in comparison. The Work ***** music video is the only thing that saves Barbara Jean tbh:mhm:

I used to hate Born To Make You Happy, now I like it. I used to feel embarrassed about listening to Gimme More in public for some reason but now it's my most played Britney song on my current iPod and I listen to it at least twice a week, if not more. I'm a long term Britney fan but since September 2013 I've probably listened to a lot more Britney than I used to and I've even had whole days/weeks where I listen to nothing else.

9 hours ago, Badass Soldier said:

I respect but honestly don't get this. Isn't like half of the album modern dance tracks? Love me down? Clumsy? Change your mind? If I'm Dancing? Better? The album is by far better than BJ and it shouldn't even be put in comparison. The Work ***** music video is the only thing that saves Barbara Jean tbh:mhm:

Yes, you didn't get it :mhm: well, let me explain:

- Yes, the tracks are modern but not dance tracks, except for Clumsy, DYWCO and Better. The rest are slow songs with 0 potential of Britney-style dancing. 

- I never said it was better or worse than BJ, I just wanted to pinpoint the fact that had she released more singles, the BJ era wouldn't have been that tragic and the same goes for Glory. If this era only has the Make me MV, it will be more than tragic. 

- Personally, I admit this new album is a huuuge step up for Britney because she was very involved in it, but that's it. I only like 5 or 6 songs. I am not saying it's bad, I am only saying I didn't like it that much as her other albums and it's the 1st time it happened to me with a Britney album. Even with BJ, I instantly loved some of the tracks: Now that I found you/Brightest Morning star/Don't cry/ Perfume/WB 

Archived