The conservatorship

cgshaw

14 hours ago, cgshaw said:

Why is she still under it and how does she leave? Why is her father still making decisions for her when she's clearly a regular functioning adult? Surely if he loves her he would let her out of it and have a normal life that's not as "overprotected". Also: what happens if she refuses to do something, such as not record the femme fatale album that she was forced to do:shameless: if he was my father I'd tell him where to shove it 

I still stand by all the things I've said about the c-ship throughout my posts but the thing about that bold part involves the kids. They mean the world to Britney. Britney with no kids could easily say that to her dad but Britney with kids is a completely different manner. I admit I don't know the background scenes but Britney probably has to watch herself like a hawk because she doesn't want to give off any sign that she lose the custody rights she has. I say all of this because I've wondered if the kids were  used as a manipulation tactic. "You can't sit inside the house all day long, Britney. Do this tour or they might take the kids away!"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Some people aren't good with money and she's probably one and having her father in charge is good... so no one can be robbing her of her money... which is so common in that business.

I think if she controlled her own career it wouldn't be that bad.

I feel like her dad lets her do what she wants but yes legally he controls a lot... I don't get the hate Jamie gets I mean he saves his daughter life and yet everyone can't stand him LOL 

I just think back to reports I remember seeing where she literally spent most of her money from like binge shopping etc. 

I mean her net worth that is estimated isn't the highest. She never has been on a budget and she isn't making as much money these days as she use too. It makes sense to me.

She may have a love/hate relationship with her dad/cship. Maybe its what needed to be done. 

I think the major issue I have with it all is how much money they make from running her accounts but we also don't know what goes into all that 

Why should we interfere in things we don't know?Only courts,Britney and her family know details.Stop being overdramatic.She's not so restricted anymore.She goes on vacations,she goes shopping,she surfs the internet,she was involved a lot in Glory etc.She's in a happy place now with the people she loves most.Britney's biggest prison is fame.

11 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Some people aren't good with money and she's probably one and having her father in charge is good... so no one can be robbing her of her money... which is so common in that business.

I feel like her dad lets her do what she wants but yes legally he controls a lot... I don't get the hate Jamie gets I mean he saves his daughter life and yet everyone can't stand him LOL 

But if her father is that great of a financial manager, those contract papers could be drawn up in a month tops.

No reason to put her at the legal level of a child so she has someone who pays her bills for her.

19 minutes ago, ebritneybeat said:

Why should we interfere in things we don't know?Only courts,Britney and her family know details.Stop being overdramatic.She's not so restricted anymore.She goes on vacations,she goes shopping,she surfs the internet,she was involved a lot in Glory etc.She's in a happy place now with the people she loves most.Britney's biggest prison is fame.

It's easy for you to argue that she's allowed to buy a house and go on vacation and therefore has her freedom - but under the law, on paper and even from an ideological point of view she doesn't.

Just think about it for a second - Your dad may be better at driving a car than you, but that doesn't mean that you hand your license over to him. Your mom may be better at cooking than you - doesn't mean that you'll sign away your legal right to buy or use a knife in the kitchen. She was stripped of most of her rights as a human being. And for what? Convenience?? Nahh..

It's not the point that she can use a credit card, her cell phone, the internet or drive a car NOW ... it's the fact that if something were to happen and she wasn't to perform to their liking in one way or another, it doesn't have to stay that way. All those things can be taken away from her at any given moment in time if she doesn't do what is expected, just like with a child. You may buy your 8 year old a phone, but if she doesn't go to bed on time, you take it away for a week.

And glamorizing this sort of thing for the sake of convenience is really not the way to go

2 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

It's easy for you to argue that she's allowed to buy a house and go on vacation and therefore has her freedom - but under the law, on paper and even from an ideological point of view she doesn't.

Just think about it for a second - Your dad may be better at driving a car than you, but that doesn't mean that you hand your license over to him. Your mom may be better at cooking than you - doesn't mean that you'll sign away your legal right to buy or use a knife in the kitchen. She was stripped of most of her rights as a human being. And for what? Convenience?? Nahh..

It's not the point that she can use a credit card, her cell phone, the internet or drive a car NOW ... it's the fact that if something were to happen and she wasn't to perform to their liking in one way or another, it doesn't have to stay that way. All those things can be taken away from her at any given moment in time if she doesn't do what is expected, just like with a child. You may buy your 8 year old a phone, but if she doesn't go to bed on time, you take it away for a week.

And glamorizing this sort of thing for the sake of convenience is really not the way to go

She does all the things that normal people do and more cause she remains a millionaire.She can spend her money on whatever she wants, they just make sure she won't spend her money on ***** or alcohol.They don't leave her starving,she's not a kid from Africa,stop being overdramatic.She even manages her own instagram while artists have image makers to do it.Also it isn't related with the age.

She was the one who scrapped make me,she was involved in Glory so no they don't force her.

If I start using ***** my parents will try to take control in order to save me even tho I am 24 years old.It's sad that all of you think you know better than lawyers,doctors,Britney,her family

36 minutes ago, King Billy said:

I don't think it was ever really needed. Britney didnt have the best of relationships with her father. I'd even go as far to say she didn't like him yet now he controls her. It isn't right but it is what it is. 

This is disturbing.She loves her father and he saved her life.It's embarassing to write things like this.All human relationships have their ups and downs,it just happens for Britney to live this under the public eye.

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I just think back to reports I remember seeing where she literally spent most of her money from like binge shopping etc. 

I mean her net worth that is estimated isn't the highest. She never has been on a budget and she isn't making as much money these days as she use too. It makes sense to me.

She may have a love/hate relationship with her dad/cship. Maybe its what needed to be done. 

I think the major issue I have with it all is how much money they make from running her accounts but we also don't know what goes into all that 

Why do you care about someone else's money?

Also she's worth about 200 million that's pretty high to me!

25 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Why do you care about someone else's money?

Also she's worth about 200 million that's pretty high to me!

I don't care but I mean they could be taking advantage of her as well. Kfed for example sure did/does. 

He hasn't had a real job since before he met Britney. 

7 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Well maybe the binge shopping just doesn't happen now. It's often associated  with mental health issues. Before I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on treatment I would spend every penny I had on shopping sprees. But who knows :janet:

Just now, cgshaw said:

Well maybe the binge shopping just doesn't happen now. It's often associated  with mental health issues. Before I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on treatment I would spend every penny I had on shopping sprees. But who knows :janet:

Impulse spending is definitely a symptom of numerous mental illnesses. It can also point to an addictive personality in general, you get addicted to the feeling of a shiny new purchase.

2 minutes ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

Impulse spending is definitely a symptom of numerous mental illnesses. It can also point to an addictive personality in general, you get addicted to the feeling of a shiny new purchase.

Mental illness and addictive personalities go hand in hand. I'm 16 and I will never ever touch ***** or cigarettes because I know for a fact I will get hooked. ADHD sucks :leaving:

8 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

Damn, that's deep! :gobaby:

Archived