The conservatorship

cgshaw

Why is she still under it and how does she leave? Why is her father still making decisions for her when she's clearly a regular functioning adult? Surely if he loves her he would let her out of it and have a normal life that's not as "overprotected". Also: what happens if she refuses to do something, such as not record the femme fatale album that she was forced to do:shameless: if he was my father I'd tell him where to shove it 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, coo said:

Bc he wants that money honey :carpoolney: IN MY PERSONAL OPINION if she's not forced to continue her career she'd probably be retired by now

But I don't get how she can be forced to do something? Does her dad sign the record deal and if she doesn't comply then she gets a massive fine or lawsuit :embarrassney: it's so confusing 

I really want to know how her family members feel about it

are they afraid that she will kick out all people around her? no more money from Britney too 
yes, she was an abuser but after so many years it's unlikely she will start drinking too much again, she is mature 

tbh I don't see her being free from it, so many people against her in this case. they don't wanna lose their cash cow
we'll see what happens when her kids turn 18... it's my only hope  :mariahstare:

2 minutes ago, tsss said:

are they afraid that she will kick out all people around her? no more money from Britney too 
yes, she was an abuser but after so many years it's unlikely she will start drinking too much again, she is mature 

tbh I don't see her being free from it, so many people against her in this case. they don't wanna lose their cash cow
we'll see what happens when her kids turn 18... it's my only hope  :mariahstare:

Well I don't know how her parents sleep at night knowing they have exploited her and pushed her into fame since day one and then have complete control over her and deal with everything in her life. 

The conservatorship honestly drives me insanse. It was obviously very necessary at a point, there is no question. However at this stage in Brit's life, why is she not fighting against it? Is it really because she's afraid something will happen to her kids? That's my only guess.

If she's truly being forced to stay in the business, I don't see how at least ONE person close to her isn't speaking out. Sure maybe her parents, Jamie specifically, are in it for the money, but she always seemed close to her siblings. Surely they would be speaking out, making moves? I just don't understand the blatant indifference. I also feel like Britney would be ******* with people more during interviews, etc. if she was truly being 100% forced. She at least seems to be putting forth an effort.

What I personally believe is that she really did have a mental break in 2007 and is still dealing with intense psychological issues. You can see it if you compare interviews- she seems much more mature and aware in interviews when she was 19, 20. In current interviews she seems far away, spaced, almost infantile at times.

I don't know what happened, I don't know what is happening, and I don't think we even have a right to know. I just want her to get back to a resemblance of her old self. I know a lot of people think she's already there but I think she still has a very long way to go, and might not ever get there.

As much as I love Brit, I can understand the GPs perception of her at this point. Something just seems off about her, yes it's not as bad as it used to be but there's still something there.

2 hours ago, tsss said:

She didn't have a drinking problem lol :surething:

9 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

It's not up to Jamie to decide to let her out or not but rather the judge and doctors determine that.

Im sure her father gives her freedom and pretty much let her do what she wants... like buy a house every year LOL 

Like she goes to Hawaii 10 times a year and switches houses every year. It's not like she has no freedom or can't use her money.

She even said she is happy letting others rule over her money/business in an interview.

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Like she goes to Hawaii 10 times a year and switches houses every year. It's not like she has no freedom or can't use her money.

She even said she is happy letting others rule over her money/business in an interview.

Maybe she is somewhat happy in the conservatorship. It limits her freedom but wouldn't it be nice to have someone manage all your bills and deal with your house moving which has been proven to be one of the most stressful things you can do? 

Just now, cgshaw said:

Maybe she is somewhat happy in the conservatorship. It limits her freedom but wouldn't it be nice to have someone manage all your bills and deal with your house moving which has been proven to be one of the most stressful things you can do? 

Yes it would be. 

I have such mixed feelings about the cship. I hate that ppl get money from it but I also think it's best. 

23 minutes ago, cgshaw said:

I think she should be able to still hire people to do that, have certain managers etc but the c-ship is just soooo heavy and inappropriate. 

I would think most mega celebs don't manage their own bills, right? And she could always still pay her father a sum to look over her accounts and stuff, without being in the conservatorship.

Britney is unlucky. I think we all (and even celebrities) had or will eventually have moments where we can't take it anymore and we would lose our ****. The problem is she was caught on camera, she WAS acting weird a lot of times, and for some reason people around seem to love controlling her ever since she started. I'm just like .."why don't you just **** off and let the girl be?". 

While it's still horrible, it may be a lesson for her in the future, if the conservatorship ends (hopefully) she will remember everything bad she's ever done that led  her to this more controlled life. Like trusting the wrong people or doing silly things like Vegas marriages or going to a public bathroom barefoot or even doing drugs (if she really did drugs before) So I don't see why she would be in trouble if it ended. 

You don't need a conservatorship to:

- employ a financial manager to handle your millions
- employ a security team
- employ a manager
- employ an agent
- employ a creative director
- employ assistants

You do need a conservatorship if you:

- have a previous history of alcohol or drug addiction, and;
- have a history of mental illness in the form of anxiety, depression, or possibly something more, and;
- have a deal brokered with your ex for custody of your children, and;
- find all of the above too overwhelming to manage on your own.

I'm actually not against the idea of the conservatorship in principle. I'm just not entirely convinced that Jamie isn't (perhaps unintentionally) using it as an excuse to maintain control of the "Britney Spears" brand, rather than encourage her to slowly make her own decisions (and make her own mistakes) on her own.

I am sure that Britney was mad about the conservatorship at first but i think as the years went by,she accepted it and now she is focusing on doing what makes her happy with her kids by her side  :yaknow:

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Some people aren't good with money and she's probably one and having her father in charge is good... so no one can be robbing her of her money... which is so common in that business.

I think if she controlled her own career it wouldn't be that bad.

I feel like her dad lets her do what she wants but yes legally he controls a lot... I don't get the hate Jamie gets I mean he saves his daughter life and yet everyone can't stand him LOL 

7 hours ago, cgshaw said:

Well I don't know how her parents sleep at night knowing they have exploited her and pushed her into fame since day one and then have complete control over her and deal with everything in her life. 

i mean it's quite obvious at this point that her parents do not care for her, britney the person, but for her brand and money

Im kind of conflicted because the conservatorship...having an adult basically not having any rights...sounds really bad in theory and she's obviously not some incapable human being who cant manage her own life BUT at the same she's not just some regular woman she's Britney Spears she's in charge of so much more money and has so many more people who could take advantage of her if something went wrong. I like to think it's just in place to help her manage her finances and it's in place because maybe she does have some type of mental illness (absolutely nothing wrong with that if she does so I hope nobody thinks im insulting her) that's pretty manageable and she does really well for the most part but just in case she were to have another episode and **** hit the fan there would be someone there to make sure she didn't start making rash decisions and letting bad people make their way into her life. I think it's in place as a precaution.

Archived