The use of Spanish and French in some Glory songs...

PerfumeGuy

Britney sings in French in "Coupure Electrique"

Spanish is used in certain parts of "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)"

In "Man on the Moon" she also says some things in French.

Does Britney know Spanish or French? Do you think there is a special reason for the use of Spanish and French in some Glory songs? :boredashell:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She might have picked up a few words here and there on her travels and she might have studied one of them in high school. I'm not American so I don't know what languages are taught in US schools. Would Spanish be the most popular language taught there? I love Coupure Electrique and I don't know why people are slating it. French is probably hard to pronounce with a US accent. 

She just wanted to try something different with that. She's clearly not good at speaking other languages, but it was still very cool. 

23 minutes ago, OverprotectedLukey said:

She has spanish inspired songs(The Hook Up, Before The Goodbye) 

The only "spanish inspired song" she has is Mmm Papi. The Hook Up is inspired by Jamaica and the caribbean. There's nothing "spanish" or hispanic in it. And Before The Goodbye, I'm guessing you're including it because of the guitar, but I still don't see the influence.

19 hours ago, SometimesLover said:

Britney sings in French in "Coupure Electrique"

Spanish is used in certain parts of "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)"

In "Man on the Moon" she also says some things in French.

Does Britney know Spanish or French? Do you think there is a special reason for the use of Spanish and French in some Glory songs? :boredashell:

no because she is terrible at singing/speaking french (to be fair, it is one of the toughest to sing)

5 hours ago, Mantequilla said:

She just wanted to try something different with that. She's clearly not good at speaking other languages, but it was still very cool. 

The only "spanish inspired song" she has is Mmm Papi. The Hook Up is inspired by Jamaica and the caribbean. There's nothing "spanish" or hispanic in it. And Before The Goodbye, I'm guessing you're including it because of the guitar, but I still don't see the influence.

Neither of those songs sound Spanish. I always thought The Hook Up sounded more Jamaican and Before The Goodbye is just a normal pop song, although it has a guitar intro. A lot of songs of the early 00s had something similar. Whenever I think of Spanish influenced pop music I tend to think of the likes of J.Lo or Shakira. I do like a lot of JLo's songs and some of Shakira's. I couldn't listen to a full Shakira album but I loved some of her singles. Whenever Wherever is my favourite Shakira song.

Archived