Why did she have a vocal coach in 2013?

kasavas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol this brings me back to that staged scene in I Am Britney Jean when they had that Doctor examine her and said she had to "rest her voice" and then compared her to Celine...like gurl we never even saw her rehearse with a mic in the documentary, how we supposed to believe she "tired out" her voice in rehearsals :quirkney:

1 hour ago, BritneyCroatia.com said:

Is she performing in the desert?  :rihstare:

Since then she has been testing her vocal abilities in all types of humidity cause soon our Queen will perform Man on The Moon & OIDIA on Mars :yeahhh:

Despite the Myah Marie fiasco that was BJ, to be fair, Britney's vocals in "Perfume" were some of the strongest we've heard in years, and that's also true for basically the entirety of Glory. 

I have no idea if that woman is a vocal coach or not, but I'm sure Britney had vocal coaching prior to recording the aforementioned music. They can fix a lot in the studio artificially, but they can't create a natural sounding range/belt that doesn't exist (which is why that long note in "Passenger" just sounds ridiculous; even if it's Britney, it's altered beyond recognition). Otherwise, someone like Selena Gomez would fabricate several more octaves in the studio (no shade intended, I actually like her recent music a lot but her range is very limited).

And since we all know pretty much every producer from BOMT till now says Brit goes into the studo and kills it with minimal takes, I think she really can sing very well in the studio but just has the cracks/off-key notes fixed in editing (which we've witnessed during live performances for much of the earlier parts of her career due to her bad technique; for example, singing nasally and out of her natural range). 

But Britney has ALWAYS called herself a perfectionist and her own worst critic, so I'm sure she's very self-conscious about singing live due to the aforementioned off-key notes she occasionally hits.

I just wish she understood that we, as fans, don't mind those at all and find them much preferable to miming everything! I mean, people like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift sing live, and they are off key 95% of the time. Even now, Britney's live vocal delivery would slaughter both of them. 

1 hour ago, Britilicious said:

Lol this brings me back to that staged scene in I Am Britney Jean when they had that Doctor examine her and said she had to "rest her voice" and then compared her to Celine...like gurl we never even saw her rehearse with a mic in the documentary, how we supposed to believe she "tired out" her voice in rehearsals :quirkney:

so embarrassed tbh

brit-omg.gif

Archived