If you think that Britney's lipsyncing is a fail...

Alice X

Just watch

With all my love and respect for Shak, she's not even dancing here :quirkney:

Britney VMAs 2016 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
Actually even FFney >>>>>>>>>>>> 

Performances like this make me appreciate the fact that Britney even at her worst was still a better performer than most others :idkney:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJ4u said:

Just watch

With all my love and respect for Shak, she's not even dancing here :quirkney:

Britney VMAs 2016 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
Actually even FFney >>>>>>>>>>>> 

Performances like this make me appreciate the fact that Britney even at her worst was still a better performer than most others :idkney:

Stop trying to shade other pop stars when the only star who hasn't sang live in the pass ten years is brit:britdrown:ney 

Shakira's always been a bad lipsyncer :yesokay: 

The thing with Britney is that her playback was always on point, but with the new songs (MM, DYWCO) it hasn't been the case. It's like she still can't learn the new ones, she needs to listen to them more.

But yeah, that's why I always say it's unforgivable that artists like Beyonce, Ariana, Rihanna, Shakira, etc, which supposedly, well, not supposedly, they do have powerful voices, and they can sing live, perform with lipsync. They shouldn't be forgiven, not even once, because they have no excuse for not singing live. The other day when they aired the iHeartRadio festival, and I had to watch the whole thing so I didn't miss Britney, I had to watch that Ariana Grande performance of Into You, at the end she barely sang the final choruses, and she wasn't even trying like, with this attitude of 'yeah, I'm intentionally not singing this' but what's the point then? I think that's even worse than pretending to sing. Why do we want Britney to sing live? So she points the mic to the audience half of the song, and then just claps along to the choruses while she walks through the stage?

But well, off topic, but just today I was watching a Mexican tv show (Los 90 Sentidos de Alessandra ;) ) and they were interviewing this producer which has created the most important and successful pop bands of the country from the 80's and 90's, many of which saw the birth of solo acts like Paulina Rubio, and he said most of the time, it was the record labels the ones that decided that these artists had to do playback on tv shows, because they wanted the audience to listen to the original versions of the songs. With Britney I think she's just very insecure, or she just doesn't wanna get tired. And Shakira, being in Germany, maybe they couldn't get her live band, and they had no instrumental version of the song, so the producers are just like, we're gonna play the album track and you'll lipsync along. But she's just so not used to it, just like Britney isn't used to sing live nowadays.

36 minutes ago, XtinaBrit said:

Shakira sings 95% of the time tho.. Maybe she was sick? This was during her promo tour maybe she had a sore throat??

They probably didnt have any choreo planned because she was supposed to be singing.

Shakira is lipsynching a fair amount of her performances actually... Still love her though

17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But yeah, that's why I always say it's unforgivable that artists like Beyonce, Ariana, Rihanna, Shakira, etc, which supposedly, well, not supposedly, they do have powerful voices, and they can sing live, perform with lipsync. They shouldn't be forgiven, not even once, because they have no excuse for not singing live. The other day when they aired the iHeartRadio festival, and I had to watch the whole thing so I didn't miss Britney, I had to watch that Ariana Grande performance of Into You, at the end she barely sang the final choruses, and she wasn't even trying like, with this attitude of 'yeah, I'm intentionally not singing this' but what's the point then? I think that's even worse than pretending to sing. Why do we want Britney to sing live? So she points the mic to the audience half of the song, and then just claps along to the choruses while she walks through the stage?

:madonna::sofedup:

I guess for you it's forbitten to rest their vocals especially if they have been singing for years or they are on a world tour.

Britney should never sing...Ohh yeah she's not a singer first of all,I guess you consider her a professional dancer.:rihstare:

• Exhale+

1 hour ago, billbritneyfan said:

Shakira is lipsynching a fair amount of her performances actually... Still love her though

Yeah but when she does she has pre recorded vocals and sings parts of the performance live.

59 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

The first time I saw het lipsyncing was Hips Don't Lie during the World Cup in 2006. I was baffled tbh, never thought she'd do that. She's not very good at it either. 

A lot of major Events dont want live singing because of the acoustics of the arena or something. Chrisitna complained that she wasnt allowed to sing live at the 2002 Olympics.

Well in Europe lip-syncing is more common. In Spain, for example, everybody lip syncs in TV shows. I believe that's because singing live is more expensive for the TV shows or something like that.

Anyway, Shakira proved many times she can sing live and dance so there's no point on shading her for this :donewithit:

Archived